PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 09:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint TP on VZW
Carrier: VZW

oshea85ppc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint HTC Comm Manager .cab?

I've searched and not found any love on this...

Can anyone provide the HTC Comm Manager application for the Sprint Touch Pro in a cab format? I'm running a Verizonized Sprint Touch Pro with the GPS fix, but finding that while I can *start* the GPS, there's no way on the VZW ROM to *stop* the GPS. This results in significant battery drain issues.

I know the Sprint version of Comm Manager allowed me to enable/disable the GPS radio just like you can with all the other radios on this device. I want to try the Sprint HTC Comm Manager on the VZW ROM to see if it will work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Re: Sprint HTC Comm Manager .cab?

Hmm, I've never had the ability to enable/disable my GPS from the Comm Manager... either there is another option that I can't think of or you're possibly thinking of a 3rd-party solution/hack for it.

Since I don't have a solution, at least this response will bump your post back up so someone else has a chance to notice it...
Old 01-15-2009, 11:49 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshea85ppc View Post

Can anyone provide the HTC Comm Manager application for the Sprint Touch Pro in a cab format? I'm running a Verizonized Sprint Touch Pro with the GPS fix, but finding that while I can *start* the GPS, there's no way on the VZW ROM to *stop* the GPS. This results in significant battery drain issues.

I know the Sprint version of Comm Manager allowed me to enable/disable the GPS radio just like you can with all the other radios on this device. I want to try the Sprint HTC Comm Manager on the VZW ROM to see if it will work.

you might want to search the forums.i know someone has a thread with all the sprint cabs.(maybe in the pro section)good luck soldier.EDIT-you can't control the gps settings in the comm manager.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:25 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

oshea85ppc is a n00b

comm manager on the stock sprint definitely let me toggle gps on and off
Old 01-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Here you go...
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTC Comm Manager.zip (299.4 KB, 65 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-16-2009, 02:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

Quote:
comm manager on the stock sprint definitely let me toggle gps on and off
Dont see it on my sprint tp
Old 01-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

ditto.is he sure he's got a touch pro?you can not toggle the gps in the comm manager on my touch pro.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:37 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

oshea85ppc is a n00b

Hmmm....a mystery we have now. I bought my touch pro from ebay....it is indeed a sprint touch pro...says so on the box and the user guide . Before I really had time to verizonize it, i was playing with it via wifi. I was definitely playing with the gps (one of the key reasons I bought the touch pro). I was turning the gps on and off in the comm manager, and was in fact very impressed that I could now do so from that app. I may be crazy, but I don't think I've lost my mind yet. Wondering if I had a newer version of the app? I received it on the 8th, guy I bought it from said he only had it a couple weeks... I dunno...
Old 01-17-2009, 12:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I have a Sprint TP with the leaked vz ROM, a guy I work with has a Sprint TP on Sprint.

Neither one has a GPS setting in the comm manager (& the GPS works just fine in both systems).

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 01-17-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

I agree, this is definitely NOT a stock sprint configuration, and I see nothing in the posted comm manager cab that would magically enable it, although I'm checking it out thoroughly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro