PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   AAAAGH!!! NOOB goin Nutz (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53605)

jbird2u 01-17-2009 12:55 PM

AAAAGH!!! NOOB goin Nutz

:evil4:Windows Media Player not seeing Touch Pro. New computer running Vista. Have downloaded Windows Mobile Device for Vista. Have set up sync relationship to my TP thru Widows Mobile Device. Have unchecked "Advanced functionality on my TP USB to PC settings. When I run Media Player and refresh devices it just doesn't pop up and I am trying to download mpegs that have to be converted before going to my storage card in TP so Mobile Media player will run and not give mr an application error. Bout ready to throw something. It used to work on my old desktop with XP.

Goddbody 01-17-2009 01:10 PM

Re: AAAAGH!!! NOOB goin Nutz

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbird2u (Post 646987)
:evil4:Windows Media Player not seeing Touch Pro. New computer running Vista. Have downloaded Windows Mobile Device for Vista. Have set up sync relationship to my TP thru Widows Mobile Device. Have unchecked "Advanced functionality on my TP USB to PC settings. When I run Media Player and refresh devices it just doesn't pop up and I am trying to download mpegs that have to be converted before going to my storage card in TP so Mobile Media player will run and not give mr an application error. Bout ready to throw something. It used to work on my old desktop with XP.

check and see if you have the latest drivers for windows media player..
do an update check. you may need a update for drivers.

TProUserOnSprint 01-17-2009 04:41 PM

I wish people would be more descriptive in their topic. "AHHH Need Help!" says nothing.

scrosler 01-17-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbird2u (Post 646987)

You can do that with Media Player? For real?

But anyways... Does you computer make any noise when you plug in the phone? You know the USB ding dong sound? Does it / did it try to install drivers? I bet you need this here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ce-center.mspx

Did you update to the latest WMDC 6.1? Thats what houses the drivers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TProUserOnSprint (Post 647401)
I wish people would be more descriptive in their topic. "AHHH Need Help!" says nothing.

Agreed. But onece again a newb is a newb ;c) When they stop being a newb then someone else comes along to take there place. we were all newbs once.

EDIT: Also, consider offering a solution to OP next time instead of just a complaint (I really whish people would do that as bad as you would want more clear post titles) . For example:
Op, next time, please be more descriptive with your post and people will help you faster. Thats always better than just a complaint. Newbs cant learn unless we show them ;c)

If you help someone they learn. If you just *****.. you sound like a... well. Think about it?

Dont take this offensively, I am jst giving you MY point of view and my wishes and desires such as you did. Thats all. Take it with a grain of salt.

scrosler 01-17-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goddbody (Post 647028)
check and see if you have the latest drivers for windows media player..
do an update check. you may need a update for drivers.

The drivers are not related to Media player. The drivers are masked inside of WMDC.

TProUserOnSprint 01-17-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrosler (Post 647422)
You can do that with Media Player? For real?

But anyways... Does you computer make any noise when you plug in the phone? You know the USB ding dong sound? Does it / did it try to install drivers? I bet you need this here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ce-center.mspx

Did you update to the latest WMDC 6.1? Thats what houses the drivers.

Agreed. But onece again a newb is a newb ;c) When they stop being a newb then someone else comes along to take there place. we were all newbs once.

EDIT: Also, consider offering a solution to OP next time instead of just a complaint (I really whish people would do that as bad as you would want more clear post titles) . For example:
Op, next time, please be more descriptive with your post and people will help you faster. Thats always better than just a complaint. Newbs cant learn unless we show them ;c)

If you help someone they learn. If you just *****.. you sound like a... well. Think about it?

Dont take this offensively, I am jst giving you MY point of view and my wishes and desires such as you did. Thats all. Take it with a grain of salt.

Point taken. I'll never admit to taking my own advice.

scrosler 01-17-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TProUserOnSprint (Post 647458)
Point taken. I'll never admit to taking my own advice.

Its all good! No stress, no worries! Its all good!

skeegcpp 01-17-2009 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrosler (Post 647422)
EDIT: Also, consider offering a solution to OP next time instead of just a complaint (I really wish people would do that as bad as you would want more clear post titles) . For example:

Dont take this offensively, I am just giving you MY point of view and my wishes and desires such as you did. Thats all. Take it with a grain of salt.

+1...

Goddbody 01-18-2009 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrosler (Post 647427)
The drivers are not related to Media player. The drivers are masked inside of WMDC.

Thats correct I should have stated to him to check his version of WMDC. thanks for the correction.

jbird2u 01-18-2009 11:40 AM

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I installed updates to Vista after WMD had been installed and running with no help, and after first restart, BAM, file conversion, sync! Relief!

BTW, is it better to use Windows Media Center instead of WMP for sync.

BTW, I tried a post with brief description and after a couple days with few views, no replies and no solution I tried "AAAAGH!!!" and now LG.

BTW, no offense taken. HAGD