PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Will the Touch Pro be updated? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53603)

bairice 01-17-2009 12:32 PM

Will the Touch Pro be updated?

I'm looking to get my touch pro replaced because there are cracks in the chrome. I've heard that the touch pro might be updated with a new version, and I was wondering if this is just a rumor or whether there really will be an updated version coming soon. Should I wait a little while longer before having the phone replaced at the Sprint store?

darren.wlsn1 01-17-2009 12:47 PM

Re: Will the Touch Pro be updated?

wheres the info. on this? i just got a replacement a week ago and the new one i got hasbad chrome, now they (sprint) want to send me another one.

Athasian 01-17-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikebai1990 (Post 646954)
I'm looking to get my touch pro replaced because there are cracks in the chrome. I've heard that the touch pro might be updated with a new version, and I was wondering if this is just a rumor or whether there really will be an updated version coming soon. Should I wait a little while longer before having the phone replaced at the Sprint store?

Are you meaning hardware or software? The only rumor I've heard about an upgrade is in the software, a new ROM is being developed, and in fact has already been leaked for the Diamond. The new PRO ROM is supposed to be based on the same tech as the leaked Diamond.

havand 01-17-2009 01:31 PM

I think the most awaited update would be a new radio version.

darren.wlsn1 01-17-2009 01:34 PM

my second tp i git a week ago does have a diff. rom, not much diff. though.

Lilhgarcia 01-17-2009 02:21 PM

The Replacement i got which was 3 days ago had a different answer screen

Mr. X 01-17-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilhgarcia1123 (Post 647170)
The Replacement i got which was 3 days ago had a different answer screen

ummmm that means you have slide to answer? please dump that rom so i can take a look.

HBOOT 01-17-2009 03:20 PM

he may just have gotten another fellow ppcgeeks custom TP

Athasian 01-17-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havand (Post 647080)
I think the most awaited update would be a new radio version.

Check the radio thread in the updates, there is a new one from the leaked Diamond ROM.

Scrotum 01-17-2009 05:23 PM

As far as updated to a new device, that is not going to be happening anytime soon, even with the released 2009 lineup from HTC you will be waiting to Q4 most likely. For Software, the updates will likely be coming soon, they did just have a leaked ROM update for the Diamnod so ours should not be far behind.