PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 02:16 PM
Lurker

y2martt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mobile IE 6.0 question

Does anyone know if the MIE 6.0 from the new leaked rom for the diamond is gonna be available to be installed in the Touch Pro
Old 01-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Mobile IE 6.0 question

I believe there is work being done to extract the .CAB now... The next official ROM update for the Touch Pro should include the MIE 6.0 in it...
Old 01-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Question Re: Mobile IE 6.0 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
I believe there is work being done to extract the .CAB now... The next official ROM update for the Touch Pro should include the MIE 6.0 in it...
Yes but when should we expect an official sprint rom release for the touch pro? If you had to guess at it

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 01-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
Yes but when should we expect an official sprint rom release for the touch pro? If you had to guess at it
Oh yes... I would put money on it, that is how confident I am that Sprint will release an updated ROM and Radio.. Since the Diamond was released about 2 months before the Touch Pro, I would hazard a guess of April-May.. That leaked Diamond ROM is still 'un-officiall'... Until I have a firm date for the official release, I have to say April-May..
Old 01-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

I figured it would be that far off kinda hoped it wasn't o well
Old 01-16-2009, 04:04 PM
Big MVP Diesel

Quote:
I figured it would be that far off kinda hoped it wasn't o well
But that is just my educated guess... It could happen tomorrow, it could happen never...
Old 01-16-2009, 04:11 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

Lightbulb Re: Mobile IE 6.0 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
But that is just my educated guess... It could happen tomorrow, it could happen never...
That is so true. But knowing sprint they gonna bs around with it. If they was smart they would release it next month to keep ppl from jumpping ship seeing that there are more and more new phones coming out and coming with it with the spec's. But who knows.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

groovdafied is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
That is so true. But knowing sprint they gonna bs around with it. If they was smart they would release it next month to keep ppl from jumpping ship seeing that there are more and more new phones coming out and coming with it with the spec's. But who knows.
i.e. palm pre, there's gonna be a lot of switchers....I'm very convinced myself =/
Old 01-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
i.e. palm pre, there's gonna be a lot of switchers....I'm very convinced myself =/
See right there just proves my point. If they trying to keep ppl from jumping ship from the diamond and pro a faster official rom release would be best. Test test and test the rom til you know its not jacked up than release it. Yes I know it takes time but can sprint afford time? And to "counter" the do you want a messed up rom post. No I don't. But in sprint case they need to have the "I'm ahead of the pack not leading the pack" attitude. They got the touch pro and diamond right and they need to keep it that way.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

groovdafied is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
See right there just proves my point. If they trying to keep ppl from jumping ship from the diamond and pro a faster official rom release would be best. Test test and test the rom til you know its not jacked up than release it. Yes I know it takes time but can sprint afford time? And to "counter" the do you want a messed up rom post. No I don't. But in sprint case they need to have the "I'm ahead of the pack not leading the pack" attitude. They got the touch pro and diamond right and they need to keep it that way.
Agreed, atleast give us some news to hype it. Hype is what will drive loyalty to some products, iPhone is a primary example. They hyped the phone to death, and all apple and iPhone loyalists stayed with that phone, no matter how limited it is.

Like Microsoft, they are doing good things and hyping the advances of Windows 7, now hype Windows Mobile 7.

Reason why I like Palm Pre so much, because they hyped it now, and it's creating a lot of buzz.

So sprint....hype Hype HYPE!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro