PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jpc0480 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Autocomplete and Themes?

Ok... So I just got the Touch Pro yesterday... After having a Mogul for sometime I have to say this is an awesome phone! Very nice, love the way it runs! Just have a couple questions so far...

1. Autocomplete? It seems like it worked when I first turned the phone on last night, however today when I was texting using the OS keyboard I noticed that it wasn't popping up with possible entries based on what I was typing. So I thought I would try out the keyboard and that too wasn't offering any suggestions. I checked the input settings and I have it to enable auto-complete and I am using the full qwerty keyboard as my OS input option. Tried the others and it seemed that it worked with the Phone Pad option but not with the rest... Is there something I'm missing? Seemed like I read somewhere that the auto complete was super intelligent? So why is not working with the OS and with the hardware keyboards?

2. Themes? I noticed that when I change the theme in the today screen it only changes the ribbons at the top and bottom. How can I change the whole color scheme of the touchflo 3D? Alltel has it set at some crappy blue color that definitely has to go.

3. FM Radio? I read everywhere that this has an FM radio? I cannot find this anywhere in programs or settings. I really don't care that much as I will not be using this to listen to the radio, just having a case of OCD.

I know there are probably links on here that my address my concerns, but I'm pressed for time and am trying to get all of this accomplished before I have to leave for my trip tomorrow. If there is a link or something please post it and I will take a look. Sorry for any inconvenience. Typically I search before I post and this time I am asking for a bye. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Re: Autocomplete and Themes?

Got the answer to my autocomplete... Need help with some themes please.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

start here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730
Old 01-16-2009, 10:19 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

I am not using the HTC kb , I have both Resco and spb kb. I installed this cab a while back from XDA and havent looked back since, there are many threads and many tweaks, gazillions of them. It only took this one, prob solved for me. Try it. Peace
Attached Files
File Type: cab disable_xt9[1].CAB (325 Bytes, 8 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-16-2009, 10:21 PM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Dude , you want Radio, get Resco radio 7days trial that should do you for your trip
http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/radio/default.asp
Old 01-16-2009, 10:24 PM
DaFlowMaster

Hedy dude, if your trip is that boring and you wanna read about fm radio , look here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49654
Old 01-17-2009, 04:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

awesome stuff! now what about themes?
Old 01-17-2009, 06:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc0480 View Post
Got the answer to my autocomplete... Need help with some themes please.
Today themse only change what you said plus the Today screen background, text color, etc. It wont change teh TF3d Theme however. You need to look for a TF3D theme to change the entire them as you desire.

There are many thread of themes.... Here are a couple for you.....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=436867

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44689

Donations always accepted but never expected!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW xv6850
Carrier: verizon

ktusc is a n00b

What was the answer to the autocomplete. I just got my touch pro and the auto complete seemed to work for a day and now doesn't. I select keyboard then go to options and enable autocomple and nothing. Am I missing something. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-24-2009, 02:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW xv6850
Carrier: verizon

ktusc is a n00b

does anyone know the answer to this? Im trying to avoid doing a hard reset but looks like that may be a solution.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro