PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung moment
Carrier: Sprint

nofear0705 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Have evdo singal but doesn't work

Ok here's my problem. I have evdo signal at work but it never works. It says it's connected but does not load any internet pages. If it does it will have one quick burst when the page loads and then nothing after that. I have to force roaming and I'm tired of the slow speeds. I have evdo service at home and with the same signal strength and works great. I've called sprint and it's a lost cause. I first had the ic902 hybrid and the evdo worked great at work. Then i had the ppc-6800 Sprint mogul and that never worked. Now the touch pro and this doesn't work either. If you guys have any idea's please let me know. All sprint said was the were going to boost the evdo service in my area. But everyone else has evdo service. What's the deal
Old 01-16-2009, 08:57 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
Re: Have evdo singal but doesn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear0705 View Post
Ok here's my problem. I have evdo signal at work but it never works. It says it's connected but does not load any internet pages. If it does it will have one quick burst when the page loads and then nothing after that. I have to force roaming and I'm tired of the slow speeds. I have evdo service at home and with the same signal strength and works great. I've called sprint and it's a lost cause. I first had the ic902 hybrid and the evdo worked great at work. Then i had the ppc-6800 Sprint mogul and that never worked. Now the touch pro and this doesn't work either. If you guys have any idea's please let me know. All sprint said was the were going to boost the evdo service in my area. But everyone else has evdo service. What's the deal
Are you using a custom ROM? Are you using IE? If so, try to use Opera to connect to the Internet and then use IE to load a site.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nofear0705 is a n00b

Using a stock rom and using opera. That's what i don't understand
Old 01-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nofear0705 is a n00b

Update 1-17
Called sprint tech support this morning with no luck again. They can't figure out why my evdo service does not work at my job with descent signal. They checked all my settings and everything is correct. Please someone if you have any ideas please help

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro