PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   What programs do you have installed what are they for? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53516)

TCruz 01-16-2009 04:56 PM

What programs do you have installed what are they for?

I enjoy browsing around the forums to see whats happening and if anything catches my attention. I also like to read about what software people use and why. I might find something new that I just can't live without. So my question is what software do you have, and what is it for.

So Far I have loaded:

Utilities:
  1. PHM regedit - for editing the registry
  2. Robert Weather Database for TF3D - to add all cities to the TF3d database
  3. SPB mobile shell - I like it better than the TF3D which means I could uninstall the program above.
  4. Spb Backup - backup utility
  5. .net 3.5 - nuff said
  6. Mortscript - used to runs scripts
  7. Conflippers slide 2 answer - no more ancidental answering when in pocket
  8. Lumos - control the display brightness using the light sensor
GPS stuff:
  1. Garmin mobile XT - navagation
  2. Geoscout - a wonderful app for geocaching
  3. Beeline GPS - I use it as you would a standard GPS. marking waypoints and backtracking
  4. hannip GPS tool - it turns the GPS service off on on. helped with battery. Some apps wanted to keep the GPS running.
  5. Google maps
Remote assistance and control stuff:
  1. PC Anywhere mobile
  2. Orb - to get my music - although it is website
  3. Logmein - helping the family
  4. webcamXP - security cam monitor
  5. Sling player mobile - gotta have cable where ever ya go.
Misc crap:
  1. nueLight3 - flaslight tool. does strobe, morse code and crap
  2. Skyfire - just another browser when a mobile browser wont do.
  3. MusicID - Identifies the artist and title of songs

ou2mame 01-16-2009 05:00 PM

Re: What programs do you have installed what are they for?

that would be a long list...

since you use orb, you should check out kinoma freeplay, you can login to your orb account on your compouter, and its a gui interface instead of using a browser and whatnot. it's great for music. it sorts them by artist which is badass. i love having like 100 gigs of music at my reach at all times in case i forget my ipod.

tx_jaycee 01-16-2009 05:12 PM

Could you send me a link to the Robert Weather Database for TF3D?

pjsnyc 01-16-2009 05:31 PM

Here's some of what I have installed on my Diamond.

Skype - for initiating international calls dirt cheap (need headset unless you want everyone to hear your conversation)
Palringo - for IM
Qik - for live video streaming to the internet (it saves the videos automatically too)
Pocket Sports Center - very simple gui, very simple scoreboard for most of your favorite sports and/or teams
Ticker Tape - for when I want to bang my head against the wall in those tight situations where I have no reason to
vTap - for when I cant find that video in the youtube app.
PockeTwit - great twitter application with gps and search.
G-Alarm - alarm application that forces you to solve simple puzzles to snooze/turn off
Pocketshield - best locking program barnone
WMWifirouter - for tethering my iPod touch and other wifi devices
psShutXP - for soft resetting
skybook - not so great, but what other alternatives do we have that work to some degree? (and dont say m.facebook.com)

FrozenIpaq 01-16-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ou2mame (Post 645319)
that would be a long list...

since you use orb, you should check out kinoma freeplay, you can login to your orb account on your compouter, and its a gui interface instead of using a browser and whatnot. it's great for music. it sorts them by artist which is badass. i love having like 100 gigs of music at my reach at all times in case i forget my ipod.

It's nice but they haven't optimized it for a VGA screen so everything is quite small. It's a great application but for videos and tv I find that just using Orb's web interface is best.

My application list:

Pocket Breeze - Great way to look at appointments and tasks on the today screen as well as any messages I get
SPB Pocket Plus - Something I highly recommend and something I've been putting on my windows mobile devices since 2003. I mainly use it for the taskbar battery bar, the close button functionality and the today screen plugin which I just have two rows of icons. Although the new graphic they use for the close/ok button isn't working on my custom ROM from scrolser
CorePlayer - pretty self-explantory, I use it for all my videos
Pocket Music - EXCELLENT music player, has sleep functionality and a great VGA interface (although you must have paid to get that over the winamp skin).
AD2P Toggle - for some reason my bluetooth stereo headphones weren't working properly on my custom ROM so this fixes that issue, I just leave bluetooth on, turn on my headset and then hit this baby on my today screen and I"m set
Tiny Twitter - using it as my main twitter application, love it so far and will be using it since my Professor handles class discussions through twitter
TorchButton - the original and the simple-to-use flashlight app for the TP, just click the shortcut on my today screen to turn it on and off
Wisbar Advance - The best and the most complete skinning program for Windows Mobile, I've been using it since 2003 as well and highly recommend it. Although the community seems to have slowed down in skin development, still a great program and offers some nice functionality as well
Garmin Mobile XT - the best GPS program out for Windows Mobile IMO and has proven to work well in my driving tests
Parlingo - Excellent IM application, so far the best I've used and the only one I will use now

cal_j 01-16-2009 05:50 PM

Fann Software Screen Capture Utility - Take Screen shows to show the non-ppcgeeks what I'm Talking about

Windows Mobile 6 RDP Client - Used to RDP into work terminal servers

markuz Saber - Light Saber application... Geeks need entertainment every now and again ;)

zoomVNC - Needed a VNC Client for some work at a clients. Works pretty well for what it is

.net 3.5 - pretty self explanatory

WMWifiRouter - Also pretty self explanatory

Mr Hawaii's Diamond Slide to Answer - Phone was going off as I was removing it from the holster. Also enjoy it with the black dialer.

Torch Button - Uses the LED for the camera as a flash light. Has on and really bright settings. Mostly because I'm too lazy to carry around a real flash light

CallFirewall - Screen Calls and SMS messages. Mostly keep the phone quiet at night

OctroTalk - Use for Google Talk, but can also be used for a variaty of other im clients. I believe this also supports video chat.

PHM Registry Editor - Free Reg Editer that a friend installed for me. I have not tried anything else, but this seems to do the trick right out of the box.

TCPMP - Nice alternative to WMP. I have never been a Windows Media Player fan. Always used winamp or iTunes.

dahray02 01-16-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCruz (Post 645308)
I enjoy browsing around the forums to see whats happening and if anything catches my attention. I also like to read about what software people use and why. I might find something new that I just can't live without. So my question is what software do you have, and what is it for.

So Far I have loaded:
Remote assistance and control stuff:
  1. PC Anywhere mobil
  2. Logmein - helping the family

which one of these is easiest to setup, remote desktop is tha last thing i have to get up and running on my phone...i would like to connect to my desktop or laptop, suggestions?

TCruz 01-16-2009 06:49 PM

They are both real easy to setup. The only reason I have both is that most of my family was already setup on Logmein. I installed PCAnywhere mobile because, well it was given to me. One note though, PCAnywhere is going to cost you (Version 12 I think is the newest that has mobile), Logmein has a free version and works well as long as you don't need to do any file transfers. If so then it will also cost you!
Either way they are both simple to setup. Hope this helps!

dole 01-16-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrozenIpaq (Post 645429)
Tiny Twitter - using it as my main twitter application, love it so far and will be using it since my Professor handles class discussions through twitter

I might have to check out Tiny Twitter, but check out Pocketwit, pretty slick UI.

http://code.google.com/p/pocketwit/

mxl180 01-16-2009 08:05 PM

my list will make life on the Touch Pro easier! MUST HAVE !!!
iGO8 - GPS navigation

G-alarm - ALARM

G-watch - Stop Watch

Gmail JAVA

Music ID

Diamond TV - Stream CNN pipeline video

Kinoma Play - Radio / Podcast

WMWifirouter - laptop wifi

Qik - live streaming video/sound broadcast

nueLED - Disable blinking led while charging

apMemo - Graffiti reminders with alarm on the go

AEbuttons - Set/Change hard buttons (double clicking middle action button = close current app, holding it for 2 seconds launches task manger, double pressing home key = Start menu) etc..

Inesolf dialer - Replaces stock dailer/message. Faster and simpler.

Torch Button - Bright and simple Flash light.