PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Low Battery Alert/Warning for TP?

I can't find any way to set a low battery warning notification in my TP like I've had on previous PDAphones and laptops. Am I missing something? Or is there a third party app for this. (I searched and can't believe this issue came up dry.)

Yesterday my wife had a 1.25 hour call and when she gave the phone back to me it was totally dead and could not be charged or started up. Had to run down to Best Buy for a battery replacement. (Yes, I AM getting a backup battery now!) But it seems that with the TP's battery issues, there should be some kind of warning alert before the phone completely dies.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Low Battery Alert/Warning for TP?

There is a warning... At 10% it alerts you to Low Battery... At 5% charge, it tells you Very Low Battery... You should be able to plug your Touch Pro into a charger, leave it for a bit, and then it should come on.. If not, pop the battery out, then re-insert it... There should be no need to buy a new battery... Also.. If the phone is hot, then the battery might not always charge...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:37 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

use batti app. has alarms that you pic. the sounds and times for. thin bar on top of screen stays on all the time, love it. http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...atti-v2-1.html

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 01-16-2009 at 04:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Threadstarter

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff

Thanks guys!
BigDiesel, the warning never came on when my wife was talking. I've tried to run my TP down to the first bar on the built-in meter... and no warning then either. However, pulling out the battery and reinstalling it and then charging is a a great tip. Could have saved me 25 miles of driving!
Darren, Batti is a GREAT program. Just what I was looking for!
Old 01-17-2009, 03:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have the same problem...if i'm on a call, the notification comes up AFTER the TP drops the call and disables the phone..lol

Its a pain, but i have learned to deal with it. If i'm not on a call, it will notify me as normal.

I just have to warn ppl that my phone is kinda rude

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 01-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

lol.. Another quirk... I guess be aware of your battery charge while your talking... That sucks though...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro