PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 11:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: verizon

edog is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My findings/advice

I recently purchased my HTC touch pro (Verizon). I just wanted to share a few things for any others that may be interested:

One impression some have had is that the battery life is not great. This really depends on what you are doing. You have to remember this phone is basically a mini laptop. For most laptops you can't go any longer than 4 hours without recharging. Your "phone-top" computer is not much difference. You can't compare these devices to blackberrys. These devices do a lot more than a blackberry hence take more power.

If you are solely playing mp3 and watching movies you'll get great battery life. I found this out yesterday. I turned off the data, cellphone, gps, bluetooth, and wi-fi connections and had great battery life.

It's when you turn your data connection, wi-fi, or gps on. Then you'll see that battery dissipate quickly. Take that into account before dissing this phone.

As far as ROMS, get rid of the stock ROM. It doesn't do this phone justice. Verizon needs to contract lllboredlll and Mr Crosler to prep their phones. Verizon wouldn't have as many returns on this phone in that scenario. That being said, Mr Croslers 3.0 ROM is HIGHLY recommended. It is like night and day from the stock version.

The final thing is Touch3d is georgeous but it's a resource hog and it does slow your phone down. If you turn it off, your phone will be very snappy. If you must have some eye candy, the SBP software is great and doesn't hog your resources or slow your phone down.

Happy PDA'ing.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:05 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: My findings/advice

Wait a minute, so if you turn all da isht off you get good battery!!!!lol
Old 01-16-2009, 11:08 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
I recently purchased my HTC touch pro (Verizon). I just wanted to share a few things for any others that may be interested:

One impression some have had is that the battery life is not great. This really depends on what you are doing. You have to remember this phone is basically a mini laptop. For most laptops you can't go any longer than 4 hours without recharging. Your "phone-top" computer is not much difference. You can't compare these devices to blackberrys. These devices do a lot more than a blackberry hence take more power.

If you are solely playing mp3 and watching movies you'll get great battery life. I found this out yesterday. I turned off the data, cellphone, gps, bluetooth, and wi-fi connections and had great battery life.

It's when you turn your data connection, wi-fi, or gps on. Then you'll see that battery dissipate quickly. Take that into account before dissing this phone.

As far as ROMS, get rid of the stock ROM. It doesn't do this phone justice. Verizon needs to contract lllboredlll and Mr Crosler to prep their phones. Verizon wouldn't have as many returns on this phone in that scenario. That being said, Mr Croslers 3.0 ROM is HIGHLY recommended. It is like night and day from the stock version.

The final thing is Touch3d is georgeous but it's a resource hog and it does slow your phone down. If you turn it off, your phone will be very snappy. If you must have some eye candy, the SBP software is great and doesn't hog your resources or slow your phone down.

Happy PDA'ing.
dont forget to turn beam off to save battery (Start> settings > communication > beam)

plz press thanks

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:14 AM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Talking Re: My findings/advice

Don't forget to turn the phone so you can have ultimate battery life.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:16 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
which direction should I turn it? :P
Old 01-16-2009, 11:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
lol @ this half baked statement
Old 01-16-2009, 11:37 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

it is half baked but unltimately true
Old 01-16-2009, 01:59 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

To conserve battery use on the site I'm gonna close this thread down.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro