PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 07:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380 Touch Pro 2 <-6850 <-6800 <- 6700 <- 6600...
Carrier: Sprint

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What's keeping my data connection open?

This is driving me freaking insane! How come my data connection is staying active?

I have every thing turned off (that I can see). Absolutely nothing is running from my task manager. I logged out of windows live (so no push email). I even disabled TF3D.

From the comm manager, every time I turn my data connection off, it immediately turns back on.

WHY!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:53 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Re: What's keeping my data connection open?

Here's a suugestion,:
Open pocket express and press menu>express settings> then on the top left there's a pulldown press it and go into auto updates and turn it off.

Hope this helps, maybe you've already done this.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:01 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavezero View Post
This is driving me freaking insane! How come my data connection is staying active?

I have every thing turned off (that I can see). Absolutely nothing is running from my task manager. I logged out of windows live (so no push email). I even disabled TF3D.

From the comm manager, every time I turn my data connection off, it immediately turns back on.

WHY!
Are you running a 6.5 ROM? If you are, are you using WinMo 6.5 Dialer or HTC Phone skin? If WinMo 6.5 Dialer, then that would be it. Enable HTC phone skin and it will stop.

I don't know why but I know when were trying to port over the HTC S2A files from the GSM device, it was doing it. I am guessing the 6.5 stuff is doing the same probably from being ported from a GSM device. If you enable the HTC skin, then that is probably the files that was pulled from the leaked Diamond ROM which is CDMA. Hope this helps and best of luck!
Old 03-31-2009, 08:06 PM
Lurker

FlowMaster is a n00b

Hey Zero, do you happen to have pockeshield installed, this seems crazy but that was the isht keeping my data awake...uninstall that *****
Old 03-31-2009, 08:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

That doesn't make much sense, I have run PocketShield for the last year or so (awesome program) & it never affected my data.........

~John
Old 03-31-2009, 08:55 PM
Lurker

FlowMaster is a n00b

i believe you man. Not in my case, I installed that thing and my data stayed on forever. I tried several troubleshooting methods to no avail. As soon as I uninstall PS, data greyed out!!!!!!and I ain't no rookie, uninstalled it and then i was left with the dialer skin. So i had to reinstall ,uncheck the dialer and uninstall. That is my experience with it. Btw what version u have? i assume the latest...
Old 03-31-2009, 09:02 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowMaster View Post
Btw what version u have? i assume the latest...
Yea, the latest. You could have gotten the dialer back with advanced config, you can enable/disable the HTC dialer at anytime that way.

~John
Old 03-31-2009, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

jdizzle is becoming a great contributor

what is the best feature of advance config do you use?
Old 03-31-2009, 11:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

emannaghavi2005 is a n00b

Is there an application that can regulate your data connection and disable it when your not using it or after an email upload?
Old 04-01-2009, 07:17 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
what is the best feature of advance config do you use?
I don't think you can say there is any "best feature" in the program.

AC allows you to change a ton of different things in an easier way then manually editing the registry if you're uncomfortable doing that.

I found it very handy when switching back & forth between various dialer skins when I was looking for the best combination to eliminate the ridiculous incoming ring lag that all stock TouchPro's exibit......

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro