PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 12:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi
Carrier: Sprint

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Calendar no longer works

Today i noticed my sprint touch pro will not open calendar. wont launch form touchflo, the start menu shortcut, or the program file directly from the windows folder. anyone had this happen?

sometimes when i click it i get the loading wheel but then nothing loads up
Old 01-16-2009, 12:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Calendar no longer works

Whats the last thing you installed or "tweaked"?
Old 01-16-2009, 12:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

a few things but the ones that really stand out to me are
quickmenu
s2u
jbed emulator

but im thinking the culprit is a manilla mod to "clean up" the homescreen (remove calendar link and call history) which didnt even work.

dont want to hard reset, just had to the other day because ringer stopped working alltogether. im working on reversing those manila mods now
Old 01-16-2009, 12:51 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

If the mods were in .CAB form, then just remove the .CAB and soft reset
Old 01-16-2009, 01:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

^^yep did that as i wrote the last post. fixed it.

reason i didnt think of it cuz i thought i already removed the cabs after they didnt work. obviously not though.

thanks yall, this thread can be closed or whatever. word to the wise though, do not install those manila mods to "clean up" the homescreen, all trouble
Old 01-16-2009, 01:19 AM
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

Good info to know one...
Old 01-16-2009, 02:11 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Which specific clean up mods were they? I'm running a modified version of hte clean home screen without issue. Maybe the messed up install is what broke the calendar (bad cab/install) rather than the actual clean home screen. Whichever. Glad you got it back working.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

^^ i got the cabs from a thread over at xda which was linked from the thread here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=467230

coulda have been bad cab files or even the manila version i was using at the time. who knows?? its weird though cuz i would have never guessed it woulda messed with calendar seeing as that manilla files are just that manilla files and i thought would have no correlation to calendar.exe in the windows folder
Old 01-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Big MVP Diesel

Hmm.. Weird issue

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro