PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint HTC Comm Manager .cab? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53408)

oshea85ppc 01-15-2009 09:45 PM

Sprint HTC Comm Manager .cab?

I've searched and not found any love on this...

Can anyone provide the HTC Comm Manager application for the Sprint Touch Pro in a cab format? I'm running a Verizonized Sprint Touch Pro with the GPS fix, but finding that while I can *start* the GPS, there's no way on the VZW ROM to *stop* the GPS. This results in significant battery drain issues.

I know the Sprint version of Comm Manager allowed me to enable/disable the GPS radio just like you can with all the other radios on this device. I want to try the Sprint HTC Comm Manager on the VZW ROM to see if it will work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

GoodThings2Life 01-15-2009 11:35 PM

Re: Sprint HTC Comm Manager .cab?

Hmm, I've never had the ability to enable/disable my GPS from the Comm Manager... either there is another option that I can't think of or you're possibly thinking of a 3rd-party solution/hack for it. :)

Since I don't have a solution, at least this response will bump your post back up so someone else has a chance to notice it...

Dr.8820 01-15-2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oshea85ppc (Post 643482)

Can anyone provide the HTC Comm Manager application for the Sprint Touch Pro in a cab format? I'm running a Verizonized Sprint Touch Pro with the GPS fix, but finding that while I can *start* the GPS, there's no way on the VZW ROM to *stop* the GPS. This results in significant battery drain issues.

I know the Sprint version of Comm Manager allowed me to enable/disable the GPS radio just like you can with all the other radios on this device. I want to try the Sprint HTC Comm Manager on the VZW ROM to see if it will work.

you might want to search the forums.i know someone has a thread with all the sprint cabs.(maybe in the pro section)good luck soldier.EDIT-you can't control the gps settings in the comm manager.

oshea85ppc 01-16-2009 11:25 AM

comm manager on the stock sprint definitely let me toggle gps on and off

thesfactor 01-16-2009 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by oshea85ppc (Post 643482)

Here you go...

rjmjr69 01-16-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oshea85ppc (Post 644506)
comm manager on the stock sprint definitely let me toggle gps on and off

Dont see it on my sprint tp

Dr.8820 01-16-2009 02:39 PM

ditto.is he sure he's got a touch pro?you can not toggle the gps in the comm manager on my touch pro.

oshea85ppc 01-17-2009 08:37 AM

Hmmm....a mystery we have now. I bought my touch pro from ebay....it is indeed a sprint touch pro...says so on the box and the user guide :). Before I really had time to verizonize it, i was playing with it via wifi. I was definitely playing with the gps (one of the key reasons I bought the touch pro). I was turning the gps on and off in the comm manager, and was in fact very impressed that I could now do so from that app. I may be crazy, but I don't think I've lost my mind yet. Wondering if I had a newer version of the app? I received it on the 8th, guy I bought it from said he only had it a couple weeks... I dunno...

jmorton10 01-17-2009 12:34 PM

I have a Sprint TP with the leaked vz ROM, a guy I work with has a Sprint TP on Sprint.

Neither one has a GPS setting in the comm manager (& the GPS works just fine in both systems).

~John

GoodThings2Life 01-17-2009 02:30 PM

I agree, this is definitely NOT a stock sprint configuration, and I see nothing in the posted comm manager cab that would magically enable it, although I'm checking it out thoroughly.