PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 07:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6800 & XV6850(TouchPro)
Carrier: Verizon

FamilyTruckster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VZNAV won't run with TF3D running?

Have been having issues with getting multiple errors when trying to launch VZNAV, I'm paying for it, and it's not opening. I deleted it and reinstalled, and now it opens up with the green VZNAV screen and just closes. No errors displayed. For the heck of it I disabled TF3D and it loaded.

Any ideas? Lack of available memory? (all other programs are closed, it sits idle at 49 meg free)

I'm running the stock Verizon rom, tf3d, the flipclock glass tabs, and some changed icons. This makes no sense to me! (other than it's windows and verizon )
Old 01-15-2009, 08:26 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Re: VZNAV won't run with TF3D running?

thats weird. i have sprint, so i'm of no help to you. you've tried soft resetting i assume?
Old 01-15-2009, 08:47 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

yup, lots of times.

So, after about 20 soft resets and removing all the programs I had installed...and installing a few back...

It seems that the taskbar is to blame. I had 2 saved on the card, an ez and tsowens. Both crash VZNAV for some wierd reason.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:39 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Anyone have any ideas on why a custom taskbar crashes VZNAV?
Old 01-18-2009, 02:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTruckster View Post
Have been having issues with getting multiple errors when trying to launch VZNAV, I'm paying for it, and it's not opening. I deleted it and reinstalled, and now it opens up with the green VZNAV screen and just closes. No errors displayed. For the heck of it I disabled TF3D and it loaded.

Any ideas? Lack of available memory? (all other programs are closed, it sits idle at 49 meg free)

I'm running the stock Verizon rom, tf3d, the flipclock glass tabs, and some changed icons. This makes no sense to me! (other than it's windows and verizon )
You may want to consider downloading my ROM.

Its 100% Vz Nav capable. The only custom ROM that is fully 100% stock OEM VZW and not carved out of a sprint ROM. A true VZW ROM for VZW users....

It far out performs the stock ROM in every measurable aspect. Including multi tasking, mem mangement, and REAL WORKING GPS with the bored GPS fix.

As an exmaple, I sometimes like to play and have some fun so what I do is load Live Search and VZ Nav... I can hear the lady talking on VZ Nav and use live search to see where I am really at!

But back to the point... I am also runnign TF3D and opera when doing this and have no issue. You could possible have mem mgmt oissues but not being caused by TF3D and VZ Nav. I woudl try a soft reset and run teh apps again. Report back what you find.

If that doesnt do it then I woudl start troubleshooting installed apl;lications and TSR type apps.

I hope this helps you get going atleast a little bit... If so please hit my thanks button ;c)

EDIT Sorry didint see that you soft reset already!

Also, its not the taskbars, I can assure you that. I run them as well with the config above and still have no issue.

Maybe its time to hard reset?

Donations always accepted but never expected!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:56 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Already have done a few hard resets. Prior to this issue.

It's friggin wierd though. With the taskbars installed and TF3d running, VZNAV doesn't work.

Remove the taskbar, and VZNAV works with TF3D.... Wierd Stuff.

I deleted programs until the problem went away, then reinstalled all of the other programs/mods. The only thing that affected it was the taskbar...

So, how/what do I need to do to troubleshoot this? Another hard rest and build from scratch yet again?

I'm tempted to toss a custom rom on it, but I'm afraid.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Ahh.. "Ye ol Gimp" giving you trouble huh? I would try a hard reset.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate

Kalnel is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTruckster View Post
Anyone have any ideas on why a custom taskbar crashes VZNAV?
I've had this happen several times. Usually, if I wait a couple of hours, the program starts working again just as mysteriously as it stopped. On two occasions, it was because Verizon was having trouble with the program on their end.

I find this also happens sometimes when Verizon wants to push me a VZNAV update and I'm in a weak reception area.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:29 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Well, I'll be darned! it's working now! I reinstalled the taskbar and it's working.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro