PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FYI: eticket still replacing with new in box units

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplomat2387 View Post
What did you actually do..?...Because I am having issues with my keyboard sometimes freezing up...I called Sprint and they told me to bring it to a store and let them hold it for a hour to see if it does it...I don't have the time to let them just hold my phone for that long...So they said its nothing they can do...I already hard reset my phone and all..Nothing..
I don't understand why sprint would ask to hold a phone that is obviously used for business for that long. Do they not realize that for some it is a connection to the office? I'm glad I was able to take mine in, they looked at it while i was there and then processed an advanced exchange for me, and I did get a BNIB replacement.

~Palm Treo Pro~ ~ SPH M540 RANT~
Old 01-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I bet with the chrome recall alot of the refurb pool deminished greatly
Old 01-15-2009, 06:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g, Optimus S

DexterDawg is becoming a great contributor

Sprint definitely has NIB replacements for eticket, I just received mine on Wednesday, and then for some odd reason my wife called me this afternoon and another one, brand nib showed up at my house today!
Unfortunately the return kit only will fit a phone in it and nothing more. Trying to decide if I really feel like trying to explain to Sprint that they sent me two phones, then having them screw something else up. I would love to return my wife's TP in the return kit since she has a really nice scratch all the way down the iddle of her screen, but that wouldn't be right...
Old 01-15-2009, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Silent_Patriot is becoming a great contributor

Does the Home button not sitting flush with the display qualify as a warranty issue? How about the Volume up button having almost no tactile feedback? Or maybe the keyboard backlight being very bright under the 2 key but very dim behind alot of the others?
Old 01-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

highly doubt it. if you try to push it you could get a 75 dollar charge for no defect found. I was more trying to inform people that have a genuine warranty issue that were nervious to send it in.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
just a general FYI if people were holding off to get a warranty repair (not insurance replacement) they are replacing with NIB units. My wife just called and told me sprint sent me another phone. (i had a huge issue a few months back with them sending me craptastic moguls almost daily) so if you have a genuine warranty issue file through the online self service. I got it overnight as well. (filled it out Wednesday afternoon got the call a few minutes ago.)
So when you filled it out online, did it tell you before you submitted that you were getting a new TP, or did it say Replacement Phone Model: REC UTStarcom PPC-6800 Handset Single? That's what mine said, does that mean that I will definitely get a mogul replacement?
Old 01-29-2009, 11:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

i work in a corporate store in ohio and the majority of people are getting recon units. still a mogul to a recon TP is still raw deal!!

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 01-29-2009, 01:05 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakidobf View Post
So when you filled it out online, did it tell you before you submitted that you were getting a new TP, or did it say Replacement Phone Model: REC UTStarcom PPC-6800 Handset Single? That's what mine said, does that mean that I will definitely get a mogul replacement?
I don't know how mogul replacements are working but if you had a mogul and they give you a tp to replace it it would have to be new. mine just said utstarcom PPC-6850 dont remember seeing the REC infront of it.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(6850)

falzon03 is keeping up the good workfalzon03 is keeping up the good work

whats so bad about a refurb as long as it has all the accesories?
Old 03-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

So I'm getting my replacement as well, and I also got a REC[onditioned] in front of Touch Pro.

Does that mean for SURE its gonna be a refurb? Or is that just what this system says and its possible to get a NIB?

If its a refurb, I hope to HELL it has ABSOLUTELY NO SCRATCHES on it. And those of you that recently got replacements: what are your build dates?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro