PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 01:32 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to get calendar to launch in month view

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf14 View Post
All I did was go into Calendar - Tools - Options and then chose Month View in the "Start In" drop down menu...works like a charm for me and my girlfriend. If it doesn't work for you, maybe there's something else wrong?

I'm using the stock Sprint rom, but I have done alot of tweaking like changing the taskbar icons, TF3D icons/slider, etc. I've never had a problem with the Calendar NOT opening in Month view after I set it to do so, so I don't know how to help.
worked thanks!

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyerman View Post
I got mine to open in month view with these steps
Switched to month view on the calendar > changed drop down to month view > week view to 7-day week.
Im running stock Alltel Rom no problems..
Wow !!! Has anyone tried his method? So Simple !!! it worked.

Edited: How did you figure this one out?
Old 01-30-2009, 07:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510jungleboy View Post
Wow !!! Has anyone tried his method? So Simple !!! it worked. ?
The reason posts like this start in the first place is because that doesn't work in every phone (it didn't in my first TP)

When I did that, the next time the calendar was opened it would flash to the month view for about 1 second & then immediately switch to the agenda view. That's a pretty common problem.

~John
Old 01-30-2009, 08:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

karate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyneko View Post
I used this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=407777
  1. Start application
  2. Click 'Init' (The Application will now check which patches are available, and make a security backup if your manila. This can take some secoonds)
  3. Choose the file you want to change, tick 'Patch' and enter your prefered file. Click on Save.
  4. If you want the calendar to start in your favorite view and not in Agendaview, enable patch on calendar.exe an simply remove '$' from arguments. Be sure to set default view in calendar settings to month view as well.
Now, when you click calendar in TF3D it will open in month view instead of day view.
I tried this, but how do you temp. disable tf3d as the link says to do, because under Init there is nothing.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Random Phones>>Treo 800w>>Touch Pro>>Touch Pro 2
Old 01-30-2009, 09:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Feyerman is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Feyerman Send a message via Skype™ to Feyerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510jungleboy View Post
Wow !!! Has anyone tried his method? So Simple !!! it worked.

Edited: How did you figure this one out?
Boredom at work and expanding upon other peoples Ideas. I figured eh if it messes something up I can always hard reset lol.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

noreboy is a n00b

Is there still no solution to this?
Old 03-19-2009, 11:22 AM
War is the answer!

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community

been solved!
Old 03-19-2009, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fascinate

nuuuuts is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
The reason posts like this start in the first place is because that doesn't work in every phone (it didn't in my first TP)

When I did that, the next time the calendar was opened it would flash to the month view for about 1 second & then immediately switch to the agenda view. That's a pretty common problem.

~John
That's the same problem that I have when changing the view. No matter what I change the view to, it still shows the agenda view.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:24 PM
War is the answer!

This is why you need to do a hard reset before you first start using you phone. It helps get rid of little bugs like this. Its a bug, a problem with YOUR phone because its not running the way it was designed.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fascinate

nuuuuts is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
This is why you need to do a hard reset before you first start using you phone. It helps get rid of little bugs like this. Its a bug, a problem with YOUR phone because its not running the way it was designed.
I've done multiple hard resets on my phone. In fact did one last week. I was able to get the calendar to work right when I first got my phone but after having to do a hard reset due to my phone not being able to connect to the internet (sprint suggested hard reset, before shipping me a new phone several months back)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro