PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 12:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800 Mogul

Quentin_Rice is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My TP comes in today, whats first

Right now I have the mogul and it sucks.

My TP is supposed to come in today.

When I get home what do you guys think the first thing I need to do to it is?(Other than transfer contacts and files and all)

Any good programs or apps??

Thanks
Old 01-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: My TP comes in today, whats first

go here and let us know how your build quality compares!

aside from that, do a hard reset after your touch pro initially sets up, i guess some people have had issues with it not setting up correctly the first time around
Old 01-15-2009, 12:53 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin_Rice View Post
Right now I have the mogul and it sucks.

My TP is supposed to come in today.

When I get home what do you guys think the first thing I need to do to it is?(Other than transfer contacts and files and all)

Any good programs or apps??

Thanks
It'll take some time, but definitely browse through the TP forum and see what you like. There are some custom apps, tweaks and fun stuff to do with it.

Read the Touch Pro Essentials thread as well.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

s1l3ntm0use is a n00b

I would do a hard-reset. I did it to mine and it runs wayyyyyy smoother than my sister's TP which hasnt been hard-reset.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380 Touch Pro 2 <-6850 <-6800 <- 6700 <- 6600...

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff

Here's my 2 cents: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46702
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

cal_j is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to cal_j Send a message via MSN to cal_j

ICS hacks... Assuming you have unlimited data

Old 01-15-2009, 02:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I HIGHY recommend you keep your phone stock for at least a week before you flash any custom roms if thats what you plan to do. Learn the phone and how it functions BEFORE you flash. This will prevent a lot of wasted time searching for issues that already existed on your phone.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Diamond tweaks!!!

http://montecristoff.webs.com/
Old 01-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
diamond tweaks made both my diamond and my TP highly unstable I would hold off on tweaky things for a good week like ace said.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
diamond tweaks made both my diamond and my TP highly unstable I would hold off on tweaky things for a good week like ace said.
I have a diamond and a pro, and its definitely the first program i put on. maybe you made some unstable changes but the program itself definitely isn't unstable.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro