PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP Screen Auto Rotate

auto rotate only works stock on like opera.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Maverick0984 is keeping up the good workMaverick0984 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
You do realize you used the name of the program that he *did not know* in your sarcastic search query. Had he known the name, he wouldn't need to search for it now would he?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
A little harsh aren't we? he was probably trying forum search which is really crappy.

agreed. i'm thinking like many folks when they first learn the Pro has an accelerometer, they think the accerometer works on everything, not just the couple of things it actually works on. i have to say, the accerometer on the Pros totally suck if you compare them to the ones on the Iphones.

anyway. Gyrator is fun to play with but too buggy to actually use. it works when you don't want it to work and frankly, i wouldn't recommend it until all the bugs are worked out.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:54 AM
VIP Member

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplay13 View Post
I'll tried google and all I see is a gyrator 2 discussion.

I'm assuming that is an aftermarket program as I dont see it on my TP.

I just want to get the original auto rotate feature to work.

I'm sorry for the elementary questionds.

Thanks...........

don't be sorry for any questions you have for these guys. they were like you once - new to the site and new to the phone (i'm in the same boat as you, except i have been around a few months but still don't know much) but sometimes they forget that.

and as someone already said, the accelerometer only works with certain programs. opera and sprint tv being two of them. it doesn't work the way you think it would. that's why you were told about Gyrator. it's an aftermarket program that enhances the accelerometer functions. the problem is that it's buggy and works when it wants to....

http://gyrator.brins0.net/
Old 01-15-2009, 12:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

hey c'mon people, letmegooglethatfor you is the funniest site ever, if someone pulls it on you, chuckle and move on, don't discuss it in depth
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

powerplay13 is a n00b

Thank you for clearing up what I thought was a problem.

I now know that the rotate feature only works for those 2 programs not all of the time......

I did not know that before I posted.

Thanks for everyones help.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick0984 View Post
You do realize you used the name of the program that he *did not know* in your sarcastic search query. Had he known the name, he wouldn't need to search for it now would he?
http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=...h+pro+ppcgeeks

So, I should have went an extra step to prove my point...touche.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:34 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
hey c'mon people, letmegooglethatfor you is the funniest site ever, if someone pulls it on you, chuckle and move on, don't discuss it in depth
opinons vary.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

well, I find when people use the letmegooglethatforyou option, the answer is usually there. if I answer someones question using google, I usually use that link so they have an idea as to how I found the info. I think alot of people jump on the forums, forget that google exsists, and try to find all their answers using forum search. It's good to remind people that google does work
Old 01-15-2009, 12:53 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
well, I find when people use the letmegooglethatforyou option, the answer is usually there. if I answer someones question using google, I usually use that link so they have an idea as to how I found the info. I think alot of people jump on the forums, forget that google exsists, and try to find all their answers using forum search. It's good to remind people that google does work
good point. and thank you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro