PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jpc0480 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Out for delivery!!

Just checked the tracking and found out that my new TP and I are breathing the same air! Should be delivered today! Glad I have the day off!

So to get started can some of you point me in the right direction? What posts should I read first? I have been going through the Touch Pro threads and am not sure where to start first... Let me know what you have added to your device and what you can't live without. If there are good posts for me to read please post the links. Thanks.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Out for delivery!!

read the stickies at the top esp the touch pro essentials thread.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Thanks. Have been reading that thread already.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

well besides that, all it boils down to is applications you want to use. and then custom roms. I would highly recommend playing with your phone stock for a week or so. the TP is a completely new phone over the mogul and you might find that stock does what you need it to do.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Yeah I didn't plan on cooking anything for awhile. Wanted to play with it and get to know it stock, just as I did with my Mogul before I used custom roms. I am just so excited to have a phone that should have more than enough ram to operate.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

What an awesome phone! Thanks to everyone who helped make my decision!
Old 01-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

havand is a n00b

How is the battery life? As pathetic as everyone else reports? I keep almost buying this phone, then forcing myself not to for that sole reason.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Had mine running all day and would have to say that it is no worse than my mogul. It didn't die or anything while at work today and I put some heavy use on it today. Overall it is not that bad. At least after just one day.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by havand View Post
How is the battery life? As pathetic as everyone else reports? I keep almost buying this phone, then forcing myself not to for that sole reason.
not sure if you are on alltel, but i know the OP is so i would definitely say that you need to at least give conflippers rom a try. im using it on the diamond, and im pretty sure his TP rom is pretty much the same.

regarding battery life: since ive had con's latest rom on my phone, i have had to charge it ONCE, two nights ago. i finally had to charge it this afternoon, and it was connected to my comp for one hour and the charge is back up to 80%, even after i soft reset cuz i didnt think the reading was accurate.

i swear, this battery life is definitely better than anything ive had on my diamond OR used to have on my mogul. try it out and you'll see.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

havand is a n00b

I am on Sprint (same technology). I am happy some people are getting great battery life. Good News! Maybe I will consider it if the right price comes along. My requirement is pretty much 2 days with light use.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro