PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Keyboard Stopped Working

My keyboard stopped working. I did a hard reset and it didn't help it. It still doesn't work. I don't have the TEP on my account. I was wondering if I can add the TEP then send it back in. Do I have to wait a couple weeks before filing a claim if I do add it?
Old 10-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: Keyboard Stopped Working

From Sprint's Website:

TEP enrollment options include:

•TEP can be added within 30 days of activation or upgrade.

• A Phone Repair Center can enroll you in TEP at the time of a paid in-store repair.

• You can add TEP at the same time to 10 or more lines on the same account whenever you like.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff

Cool, thanks. If I send it in to get fixed, will they replace it with another TP. I love the form factor of the TP, and would hate if they give me a different phone.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Since you don't have TEP, I think you are going to have to pay to get your device fixed, upgrade to a new device, or purchase a replacement TP. You may be able to fix a dislodged ribbon cable yourself if you are adventurous. Here is a video tutorial that you may find helpful. There are many if this one is not clear for you.

Disassemble Touch Pro
Old 10-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

So I won't be able to get tep then suffer without a keyboard for a month, then send it in on tep and say the keyboard stopped working?
Old 10-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brack21 View Post
So I won't be able to get tep then suffer without a keyboard for a month, then send it in on tep and say the keyboard stopped working?
Take the phone in and get TEP at the time of repair. They allow you to do that... At least that's what I gathered from Tinkerbell's post.

Did you miss Tinkerbell's post...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell
A Phone Repair Center can enroll you in TEP at the time of a paid in-store repair.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro