PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: saying good bye to iDiamond(beta ends tommrow)

I own an iPod Touch...I have to say that the UI is pretty slick. Even my 2 year old knows how to work it (I keep disney movies on their as the ultimate pacifier.) I love my TOUCH PRO...and wouldn't trade it for anything (except maybe the Touch HD or TP2.) It would be fun trying out a solid iPhone interface on the TP...but I'd stick with TF3D for now...and wait for Point UI to get better...
Old 03-13-2009, 01:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

hubshee007 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

ok, finally got a chance to load it on my phone..Thank you guys for all your help..After I alot of patience, I do like it alot...Now, my next problem is trying to customize the icons. where do I find the icons to customize?? How do I add telephone icon, text message icon, picture mail icon, etc???
Old 03-13-2009, 01:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamonds On My Damn Chain
Carrier: Still With Sprint

nelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just so everyone knows, d mann released an unlocked version of the beta 0.2.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=425956

hub, there should be a customize tab somewhere or options or something along those lines. its pretty straight forward.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO
Carrier: Sprint

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I do not think it is so straight forward as most to install, as noted by may replies at xda and one or two here, but I did see that ......you can rename the .zip file to .theme in total commander or other editor, and then load from dtf3d config menu under appearance tab, then point to directory where new theme file is stored......., but I think if you are one truly not envious of the Iphone, then you really wont care so much about it...as another said, if you like Iphone , why not buy the real thing? You don't buy a Ford and then write Chrysler on it....
Old 03-13-2009, 06:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
I refuse to put I-Anything on my WM Diamond, I guess I'm anti iPhone.

Hey look is an iPhone heading into a microwave.......Quick, someone give it a push
I would have to 2nd that opinion! If you want an Iphone , buy an Iphone. Let WM and TF3D do their thing.
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"
Old 03-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

superflysocal is just getting started

I think UltimateLaunch is the most flexible and stable UI out there. You can make a very iphone theme if you so desire or take it one step further and blend HTC home, iphone, and tflo2d elements into one home plugin.
Some people say UL doesn't work great on VGA but i beg to differ. It is much faster navigating through it than tf3d on my tp. Just make sure you use native VGA icons and it will look gorgeous. The only hassle is that it uses very specific type of .ico files instead on png files.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

BigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good work

Isn't it funny how people on this site will come up with 1000 different things to do to their phone, specifically so it doesn't look like a regular old WinMo phone. Even HTC did it when they developed TF3D. Then people don't like the TF3D, so they tweak it and change it up seven ways to Sunday. But as soon as someone talks about making it look like an iPhone.......
Not that I ever would, because they aren't as customizable IMHO, but how many WinMo users would abandon ship if Apple ever made a CDMA iPhone for Sprint?
Old 03-13-2009, 07:01 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

this is how i run my tp's

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 03-14-2009, 03:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Moment < - Awesome!

ramiss is becoming a great contributor

For me this has nothing to do with I-Phone or not. I will hand it to Apple, they did make an easy to use interface and that is what they are good at. Personally I choose Windows Mobile because I am a Windows Server Admin and use Remote Desktop. I also like being able to customize my phone like I can my computers. And, despite what the Apply App store commercial will lead people to believe, there are still way more "useful" apps for Windows Mobile than the I-Phone.

Given how much I like Windows Mobile, I think the today screen is completely useless for a communications device, and pretty difficult to use if you have big fingers. For that reason I am always looking for the best Today replacement and, if it looks like an I-phone, then so be it.

Richard
Old 03-14-2009, 03:57 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramiss View Post
For me this has nothing to do with I-Phone or not. I will hand it to Apple, they did make an easy to use interface and that is what they are good at. Personally I choose Windows Mobile because I am a Windows Server Admin and use Remote Desktop. I also like being able to customize my phone like I can my computers. And, despite what the Apply App store commercial will lead people to believe, there are still way more "useful" apps for Windows Mobile than the I-Phone.

Given how much I like Windows Mobile, I think the today screen is completely useless for a communications device, and pretty difficult to use if you have big fingers. For that reason I am always looking for the best Today replacement and, if it looks like an I-phone, then so be it.

Richard
While the iPhone home screen may give you pretty easy access to a lot of your programs, it doesn't display much more information than any other interface. A jam-packed winmo today screen can give you easy access to more information than the iPhone does. Look at TF3D anyway, what all is displayed on the home screen?

Time, date, missed calls, texts, voicemail alerts, upcoming calendar appointments, next alarm, with one-tap access to a programs list.

A couple of those the iPhone can't do.

iDiamond comes close though, it would be nice to have active icons added to it, you know, like a special SMS icon that displays number of unread texts, e-mail icon for the same, a phone icon that displays missed calls... calendar icon that displays number of appointments remaining in the day.

iDiamond falls short but still looks very nice. I gave it a shot but I'm going to stick with TF3D for now, I realized I don't have that many applications on my phone, anyway... the 9 I keep on my programs tab is more than enough, I primarily heavily use 6-7 anyway, and the others I don't see too much hassle in going to the full programs menu. But maybe that's just me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro