PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 06:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Decidion is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Video Out - what can it do?

I was thinking of getting a video out cable for my TP, but in reading the manual, it says you cannot view Sprint TV or send music through the video out cable. Not that I would want to do that anyway, but it got me thinking... are there any other limitations? Caveats?

I have found threads where people are sending video from the YouTube player and other apps like CorePlayer or TCPMP, but what about from a browser?

I think it would be cool to be able to surf the web using a larger TV screen when I don't have a computer w/internet readily available.

Or what about playing a game (like Teeter) and sending the video out to the TV?

Can the weather screen get sent out to the TV?
Old 01-05-2009, 06:58 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Re: Video Out - what can it do?

i'm 99% sure that everything on the phone shows up on the tv.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decidion View Post
I was thinking of getting a video out cable for my TP, but in reading the manual, it says you cannot view Sprint TV or send music through the video out cable. Not that I would want to do that anyway, but it got me thinking... are there any other limitations? Caveats?

I have found threads where people are sending video from the YouTube player and other apps like CorePlayer or TCPMP, but what about from a browser?

I think it would be cool to be able to surf the web using a larger TV screen when I don't have a computer w/internet readily available.

Or what about playing a game (like Teeter) and sending the video out to the TV?

Can the weather screen get sent out to the TV?
All the things you listed work just fine & you can definitely send music through the cable also, I do it all the time.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Decidion is just getting started

Thanks for the info. I guess what confused me is that is specifically states in the manual that came in the box from Sprint...

"The Video Out feature cannot be used with Sprint TV."

and

"When you plug in the Video Out cable accessory to your device, you will not be able to play music files from the TouchFLO 3D Sprint Music tab."
Old 01-05-2009, 07:55 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i don't think they know what they are talking about.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:32 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decidion View Post

"When you plug in the Video Out cable accessory to your device, you will not be able to play music files from the TouchFLO 3D Sprint Music tab."
You can definitely do that, I was doing it yesterday.

~John
Old 01-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: sprint

hoddy4 is becoming a great contributor

Most everything from the phone does work, Slingbox, browser, Sirius radio with proper account and cab, Kinoma, etc. However, Sirius TV does not seem to and I have not tried Sirius radio.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:53 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoddy4 View Post
I have not tried Sirius radio.
I haven't tried Sirius as I already have Sirius in my truck, but I will try it today just out of curiousity......

~John
Old 01-05-2009, 09:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: sprint

hoddy4 is becoming a great contributor

John, Sirius should work fine with either the Sirius or Asipro cabs. When you use Slingbox in your truck, I assume you are connected to the cigarette adapter. Do you find that the Pro continues to charge, or that Slingbox actually drains the battery even when connected to the power supply?
Old 01-05-2009, 11:19 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoddy4 View Post
John, Sirius should work fine with either the Sirius or Asipro cabs. When you use Slingbox in your truck, I assume you are connected to the cigarette adapter. Do you find that the Pro continues to charge, or that Slingbox actually drains the battery even when connected to the power supply?
I have always used Sirius WM5 & it works perfectly, so I have never even tried anything else. I see no reason why it wouldn't work in my truck, I just haven't tried it as my truck has Sirius built in.

I use a Proclip in my truck & I wired it directly to the truck electrical system (it is live when I turn the key on), but that's really no different than using a cigarette lighter adapter. It must be getting at least a partial charge while running Sling Mobile. My Son & I took a trip last weekend that was almost 5 hours each way & watched NFL football the whole way there & back. There is NO WAY the TP can run Sling for 10 hours off the phone battery, so it must be benefiting somewhat anyway by being plugged in.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro