PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 11:45 AM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
Re: Question

I agree with everyone. Just send back the phone and back cover. I swapped out my g/f's Treo 800w in store and we took everything in and he said just to keep everything except the phone.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g, Optimus S

DexterDawg is becoming a great contributor

I just got a replacement, same deal brand new phone, and all the accessories in an original box. Same thing about sending everything back, however the return envelope is only big enough to fit the phone in. All they are getting from me is a broken touch pro and battery cover. That's the way it has always worked in the past. Sprint doesn't reuse any of those parts anyway, in fact you probably could even keep the battery door as they replace everything exterior with new when it is refurbed.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I've never sent back batteries when I've had to send back a phone. I was specifically told that it didn't matter one way or another by various Sprint reps at the repair center.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

When I was in the store 2 weeks ago they said they charge for missing parts.

But a few months ago the guy gave me my battery before he took my phone back for replacement. The new phone also had a battery
Old 01-15-2009, 12:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You can't have too many spare batteries for these damn things.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

I agree with that Trip!
Old 01-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I think it depends on how you are returning it. When I have gone through Asurion they told me to only send the phone back and I could keep the rest, including the battery. But when I did an upgrade/exchange through Sprint (Q to Mogul) They informed me everything needed to be included aside from the books and software. Also, yesterday I went into the store to pick up my new TP through Advanced Exchange and I asked if I could keep the battery, I was told they would have to charge for it. So it all comes down to how you are returning it. Its not worth getting your return denied just for a battery, because I doubt they would just charge for the battery.

~Palm Treo Pro~ ~ SPH M540 RANT~
Old 01-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380 Touch Pro 2 <-6850 <-6800 <- 6700 <- 6600...

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrotum View Post
I think it depends on how you are returning it. When I have gone through Asurion they told me to only send the phone back and I could keep the rest, including the battery. But when I did an upgrade/exchange through Sprint (Q to Mogul) They informed me everything needed to be included aside from the books and software. Also, yesterday I went into the store to pick up my new TP through Advanced Exchange and I asked if I could keep the battery, I was told they would have to charge for it. So it all comes down to how you are returning it. Its not worth getting your return denied just for a battery, because I doubt they would just charge for the battery.
This is correct!!

If it's a warranty return only send back the phone and battery cover.

If it's a 30 day exchange (or something similar) you better send everything back, or they may charge you for the whole thing and still keep the phone.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Theres usually a paper in the return kit that tells you exactly what you have to return and what you "can" return.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:03 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Yeah... Corn is right.. Do you have that paper?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro