PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 01:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Agscott is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Must soft reset often?

Anyone else have to soft reset at least once a day? My touch pro freezes and I can't get it to do anything. Today it wouldn't respond at all so I had to soft reset! Another issue I am having is I get the "cannot complete call error" about every other day (while signal is strong) and either I can't call out for several mins or until I soft rest. I am thinking about returning it to BB, but I want to make sure my device is the issue because I don't have any of the other issues frequently discussed on this forum. Any advice/comments are greatly appreciated!!
Old 01-14-2009, 01:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Must soft reset often?

Are you running a custom rom or stock?
Old 01-14-2009, 01:50 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

It's pretty rare my phone makes it 24 hours without being soft reset at least once. I always check it and hope I see it over one day of uptime. Last night I almost made it -- 23 hours and some change. Started up Skyfire to watch a show off Hulu before going to sleep, but it wouldn't load. Oh well, I still had SprintTV. Started that, worked fine, the "Press the center button to keep watching" after 5 minutes came up, but my center button wouldn't respond, nor were any of the hardware keys. My video stopped, I got frustrated and tried to get the hardware keys to work, but they wouldn't. At like 23 hours and 45 minutes I soft reset it to get the keys working again.

Generally, I end up soft resetting it because I'm making changes to it, or something freezes. I haven't been experiencing the call issues you say you have.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I was able to go 3-4 days between soft resets when I was running Hibby's 1.7. Right now I am running stock, flashed back while waiting for my replacement, and I have to reset about every other night. The reason I am resetting that often now is due to my task manager on the today screen disappearing after awhile but I think this is due to SPB mobile shell. Other than that it is still running great when I do reset it.

~Palm Treo Pro~ ~ SPH M540 RANT~

Last edited by Scrotum; 01-14-2009 at 02:28 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:24 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Wow! I rarely soft reset unless I have to after I install an app that ask to reset. What programs/apps you guys running cause I do a lot at a time n it don't have to load or freeze!

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 01-14-2009, 02:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My phone soft resets every night due to SPB backup. But if I didnt have that installed I wouldnt really need to.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:38 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
Wow! I rarely soft reset unless I have to after I install an app that ask to reset. What programs/apps you guys running cause I do a lot at a time n it don't have to load or freeze!
Just uninstalled nueGPSSecurity to switch to Smartphone Tracker (which isn't working properly by the way), and it required a restart on the uninstall. It'll probably need an uninstall removing Smartphone tracker too. Installed the HD Manila to try it recently. The extra tabs caused too many issues, removed them -- soft reset. A few hours later noticed that my settings tab still said comm manager, reinstalled the HD manila -- many soft resets.

Lots of things seem to require it.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

Beejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have had my TP since early November and I rarely need to soft reset. I only have after in install or uninstall, I never have because of freezing or any other problems.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:31 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i soft reset at least once aday. mainly because of all the apps. i install and uninstall.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro and sprint touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

emanuelrv is a n00b

i soft reset when they stop respond hard key reset

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro