PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Incoming Text Messages: Help, Time Stamp Off (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53223)

ByTeMe 01-12-2009 11:58 PM

Re: Text messaging timestamp

My bad I meant incoming text messages. My outgoing ones are fine and my clock is setup ok.

Its very strange.

KcLive 01-14-2009 03:36 PM

Re: Text messaging timestamp

I seem to have this problem too, my incomming text messages show a 12 hour difference in time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ByTeMe (Post 636225)
My bad I meant incoming text messages. My outgoing ones are fine and my clock is setup ok.

Its very strange.

wicktarded 01-14-2009 07:04 PM

Incoming Text Messages: Help, Time Stamp Off

Hi...
I tried to search these forums for an answer to this and I think I found a couple ppl who said they were an hour or so off but not exactly the same issue I had.

:(My Problem: I get all my messages on time with no delay, but the time stamp on them is 5 hours later... ex. I sent a message at 2:30 this afternoon and although the reply was practically instantaneous the time stamp showed 7:31pm. It gets confusing looking back with the threaded message view I'm using.

This started when I first started flashing my phone and although I've tried several different ROMs (not only for this problem) but it's always been the same 5 hour delay.

Just wondering if anyone has or had this issue and knows how I might fix it, if at all... :(

ByTeMe 01-14-2009 11:12 PM

Re: Incoming Text Messages: Help, Time Stamp Off

I have the same issue. Mine is off by 7 hours......quite annoying but haven't found a fix that worked.

CozBoogie 01-15-2009 12:56 PM

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz

rockspeoplesfaces 01-15-2009 12:58 PM

i dont think the phone is working itself, it shouldnt have anything to do with a rom

CozBoogie 01-15-2009 01:10 PM

Threads merged.

late,
Coz

LoungeLizard 01-15-2009 02:58 PM

Mine is doing the same thing, even when I was running a stock ROM. Incomming text messages were always 1 hour ahead. It's not really a problem until you restore from a backup, then the time diffrence between sent and received screw up the order of the messages.

spikeownz 01-19-2009 12:49 PM

Hey all,

I'm on Bell mobility and this fix (found on XDA) worked fine for me:

HKLM\Software\OEM\SMS

Add the following DWORD value (or change it but on my phone, I had to create it) :

Name: RecvTimeStamp
DWORD Data: 1
Base: Dec

Hope this helps.

ByTeMe 01-20-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spikeownz (Post 651285)
Hey all,

I'm on Bell mobility and this fix (found on XDA) worked fine for me:

HKLM\Software\OEM\SMS

Add the following DWORD value (or change it but on my phone, I had to create it) :

Name: RecvTimeStamp
DWORD Data: 1
Base: Dec

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much, it worked!