PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 03:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

gradynyc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro and Diamond CDMA have same Ram

For the first time I have realized that the touch pro and diamond have the same ram. Correct me if I'm wrong. Everyone goes to htc's site like I did for the longest time and doesn't pick a country. They both have 288mb of ram. I think if more people new this sprint would sell more diamonds. I just did a post in the diamond forum about this. I am very happy today. I always thought i was missing something when it came to ram. Pick USA at htc's site and you will get the real story. I guess it's also due to the fact that the gsm version was out first. So people thought it carried over and never looked any further. Also look at this ugly comparison at this site. I'm not bashing, just happy sprint didn't have anymore pros in and asked me to try the diamond for 30days. http://www.tracyandmatt.co.uk/blogs/...-touch-diamond
Old 01-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: Touch Pro and Diamond CDMA have same Ram

Actually, this is pretty well-known here. There was confusion when it was very first released, then everyone looked at the specs, saw they were the same, and that was that.

And honestly, I'm not sure the Diamond's having any problem with sales. Seems to be selling very well from what I've seen. I didn't buy the Touch Pro because it had more RAM, I bought it because I needed the hardware keyboard, microSD slot, flash, and thought it might be nice to have video-out.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:11 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

It's okay Grady.. I am happy you were able to make the connection on your own and not somebody telling you.. The Diamond and the Touch Pro run the same chipset, so other than the microSD slot, the keyboard and everything thing that Turbo talked about, they are the same basic design...
Old 01-14-2009, 11:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

Kolano is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
It's okay Grady.. I am happy you were able to make the connection on your own and not somebody telling you.. The Diamond and the Touch Pro run the same chipset, so other than the microSD slot, the keyboard and everything thing that Turbo talked about, they are the same basic design...
Except that the Verizon version is lacking in RAM in some way, though I'm unsure of the specifics.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Prē

fr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good work

I don't know what with that site but I've had a Diamond and a Pro and can say the Pro is nowhere as thick compared tot he Diamond as those photos indicate.
I'm sure most know that though.

Depending on the size of your fingers and how you text, some people do actually text from phone "number pads", that Diamond could drive you crazy shortly.

At first I thought it wasn't too bad but I did come to the point that on-screen keyboard HAD to go.
Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F
Old 01-14-2009, 11:47 PM
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

haha... Yes.. The Verizon has 192 MB of RAM while the Sprint Touch Pro has 288 MB.. Check it out here... I have a Touch Pro, but I use the Full QWERTY software keyboard about 98% of the time..
Old 01-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
I don't know what with that site but I've had a Diamond and a Pro and can say the Pro is nowhere as thick compared tot he Diamond as those photos indicate.
I'm sure most know that though.

Depending on the size of your fingers and how you text, some people do actually text from phone "number pads", that Diamond could drive you crazy shortly.

At first I thought it wasn't too bad but I did come to the point that on-screen keyboard HAD to go.
I have a diamond and a pro and let me tell you I hate typing on that screen. Don't get me wrong I can actually use the on the screen keyboard pretty good but the keyboard takes up the majority of the screen. On the pro of course you have the whole screen available when using the hardware keyboard plus typing on it is so much easier and a lot faster. The diamond feels so much better in my hands though, in any case the pro is the work hourse during the week and I rock the diamond on the weekends mostly.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:17 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradynyc View Post
For the first time I have realized that the touch pro and diamond have the same ram. Correct me if I'm wrong. Everyone goes to htc's site like I did for the longest time and doesn't pick a country. They both have 288mb of ram. I think if more people new this sprint would sell more diamonds. I just did a post in the diamond forum about this. I am very happy today. I always thought i was missing something when it came to ram. Pick USA at htc's site and you will get the real story. I guess it's also due to the fact that the gsm version was out first. So people thought it carried over and never looked any further. Also look at this ugly comparison at this site. I'm not bashing, just happy sprint didn't have anymore pros in and asked me to try the diamond for 30days. http://www.tracyandmatt.co.uk/blogs/...-touch-diamond
Only the gsm version of the diamond has lower ram and a smaller battery since its a little slimmer than the cdma version.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

gsvnet is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Also look at this ugly comparison at this site. I'm not bashing, just happy sprint didn't have anymore pros in and asked me to try the diamond for 30days. http://www.tracyandmatt.co.uk/blogs/...-touch-diamond
...I find it ironic that your post is about the differences between GSM and CDMA and the misconceptions it creates, and your post contains a link that compares the GSM Diamond to the GSM Touch Pro.

I hate to break it to you but your CDMA Diamond is quite a bit larger than the GSM version making the above an irrelevant comparison of the CDMA Diamond and Touch Pro.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:18 AM
Big MVP Diesel

True gsv..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro