PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 04:30 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Slide to Answer/Ignore from Touch HD ***Dark Version*** w/ Dark Dialer

***PLEASE READ ENTIRE POST FIRST BEFORE INSTALLING***

I know there are other posts about this, but this file is actually trimmed down to only include what is needed for us Touch PRO or Touch Diamond owners. Other CABs included over 200 files and took up over 10 MB of RAM just for Slide to Answer/Ignore part. This one had only 7 files and less than 2 MB of RAM for the Slide to Answer/Ignore part. Of course it is a little bigger now because of Dark Dialer files added.

Thanks! Thanks to ctyy from XDA for first introducing these files. Thanks to herg62123 and smotrs also from XDA, for their help and valued information. Thanks to those who gave feedback, even negatively (constructive criticism is always welcomed if it will lead to improvement).

So I see that the CDMA version has been made possible. Thanks again to everyone that has helped or chimed in with feedback. I will be asking the MODs to close this down since a better suitable option has been made possible. You can find that thread here.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53599

Mahalo,
MrH

Last edited by MrHawaii; 01-19-2009 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Sorry, I was having a hard time uploading th CAB.
This post has been thanked 34 times.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:38 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Slide to Answer/Ignore from Touch HD ***Dark Version*** w/ Dark Dialer

i'm lost... where are the cabs, and where is this "first post" you speak of... i think this is it?

Great news on this, but i wanna try it and its not here besides the .jpg files

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 12-31-2008, 06:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Google N1
Carrier: AT&T

jug6ernaut is just getting started

is there any difference in the cabs from the 1st n 3rd posts?
Old 12-31-2008, 06:19 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

MrHawaii, on page 25 of the xda thread Herg posted a version that doesnt put the video call stuff into the menu, might want to look at that version to use as the base for the black version.

also try Pming Calcu he made the original black diamond dialer in the diamond section. Im sure he can help with the ## code part to get that fixed. then it will be fully operational for CDMA

Last edited by SprintTouch08; 12-31-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:25 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

installing.... im afraid of mising those buttons... is it uninstallible?

Old 12-31-2008, 06:30 PM
The Hibster

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community

epic fail on my end. i have a stock mogul dialer with blank keys.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:39 PM
Threadstarter

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jug6ernaut View Post
is there any difference in the cabs from the 1st n 3rd posts?
No, they are the same. Just zipped so that it can be downloaded faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
MrHawaii, on page 25 of the xda thread Herg posted a version that doesnt put the video call stuff into the menu, might want to look at that version to use as the base for the black version.

also try Pming Calcu he made the original black diamond dialer in the diamond section. Im sure he can help with the ## code part to get that fixed. then it will be fully operational for CDMA
Thanks. This CAB does not include the Video Call stuff in the menu, just the LSK. Which can be edited with and easy Registry entry. Calcu dialer is just image files. It is like a skin for the dialer. The ## CODES have to do with the phcanhtc.dll file which is library file that controls the commands of the functions. The phcanhtc.dll file in the CAB is from the GSM phone which is why it does not inlcude the CDMA ## programming codes. If I installed this CAB then took a stock Sprint phcanhtc.dll file and overwrote it into my device. ## programming would work again but the dialer and phone canvas would revert to WinMo. The phcanhtc.dll file is like the main file that tells the other files what to do. It tells the EPST to be enabled by ## CODES, it tells the phone canvas to slide to answer/ignore calls rather than press buttons, and it tells it what buttons to use when in a call (i.e. CALL HISTORY, CALENDAR, HOLD, MUTE, SPEAKER, etc.)

What I would really like help with is editing that phcanhtc.dll file. If we can find where the GSM version is telling the phone to enable slide to answer/ignore and port that part over to the CDMA file along with the slide to answer incomingcall.bmp and Incall_02_B.bmp image files, it should work and everything else should remain the same. That is what I was working on the past few days but couldn't figure it out yet. So I decided to take a break from that and do this dark version, since I knew could be easily done.

Thanks for the advice though.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:44 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
epic fail on my end. i have a stock mogul dialer with blank keys.
Try to uninstall, and then install the Patch CAB from the XDA thread. And then reinstall my CAB again. I installed this on a Sprint Stock Diamond fresh from Hard Reset.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:45 PM
The Hibster

should it make a difference im doin it on the pro? no right?
Old 12-31-2008, 06:48 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
should it make a difference im doin it on the pro? no right?
No I don't think so. I am hard resetting my phone again and will test it again.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro