PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 03:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

faaz23 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Calender and SMS Programs

I use the calender and the threaded sms feature the most in this phone. The sms and the calender on my phone are both stock. Does anybody have any recommendations for better calender and sms programs to use or that they use on their phone.

I'm not a huge fan of the TouchFLO either, so if these programs also could be put in the today screen that would be great also.

Any recommendations?
Old 01-14-2009, 04:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff
Re: Calender and SMS Programs

I recently went to the Touch Pro from a Treo 800W and to say the least, it has been interesting. For PIM management I use Extreme Agenda. SMS - still looking for a good application. I also am not a fan of the TouchFlo interface.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

faaz23 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC View Post
I recently went to the Touch Pro from a Treo 800W and to say the least, it has been interesting. For PIM management I use Extreme Agenda. SMS - still looking for a good application. I also am not a fan of the TouchFlo interface.

I'm not looking for a PIM management but more so just something to improve the calender. I have used calender+ when I had my xv6700. I like the palm sms program thats in the treo.

What do you use for the today screen?
Old 01-14-2009, 11:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

Nothing fancy. I am using QuickMenu, TodayAgenda, and GPSToday. I went the customization route with the 800W for a couple of days and frankly found it annoying - looks good, but my interest of what I needed to do far outweighs the "pretty screen" aspect of the device. I have a couple of music applications (pTunes, Kinoma) and never use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faaz23 View Post
I'm not looking for a PIM management but more so just something to improve the calender. I have used calender+ when I had my xv6700. I like the palm sms program thats in the treo.

What do you use for the today screen?
Old 01-15-2009, 12:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

I too am looking for a touch friendly calendar, the microsoft calendar is pretty sad how small the icons etc. Would be great if it would sync with outlook through active sync as well..
Old 01-15-2009, 12:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I use Pocket Informant (awesome program) mapped to the calendar link on the TF home screen.

For SMS I use Vito SMS-chat

~John
Old 01-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I use Pocket Informant (awesome program) mapped to the calendar link on the TF home screen.

For SMS I use Vito SMS-chat

~John
Both of these programs may be functional but dont look very eye catching or touch friendly, anyone got any other suggestions?
Old 01-15-2009, 04:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
Both of these programs may be functional but dont look very eye catching or touch friendly, anyone got any other suggestions?

I'm not sure what your definition of "touch friendly" is, but I never use a stylus in either of these programs (certainly not in the chat which I use constantly).

As far as "eye catching", the calendar setup must have 25 different color themes you can choose from -all the way from bland pastel colors to orange & bright red "fire" type themes..........

~John
Old 01-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I dont know, I guess when i read the review they looked more like the old school windows applications, dare i say something like what the iPhone has, shiny and very finger friendly?
Old 01-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Cajun Reefer is a n00b

Check out SBSH's Calendar Touch

http://www.sbsh.net/products/windows...calendar_touch

HTC Touch Pro 2 on Verizon

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro