PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 01:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

xitanul is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
frozen after loading

I've reset my touch pro once, because it would try to load and then freeze, and that was after messing with custom touchflo3d stuff and clocks and the like. so i figured it was that screwed things up. ever since my reset, i haven't customized anything, have just installed some apps.

today i was connected through usb on activesync, and was updating rss feeds through prss(i believe it's called), then while that was going on, i went to send a picture mail, and since my feeds were being updated, the picturemail window kept dissapearing, so i closed that down, then the window stayed open, but then when i got ready to send the picture mail it just froze, and when i soft reset it/took out battery multiple times, now it'll start up, show the windows mobile pro 6.1 screen, then it'll go to the main screen, and it stays there, and nothing is functional, it's frozen, and the 'launching touchflo 3d' text, never even appears.

anyway to fix this without having to reset it again?

and how do i reset again, if anyone can tell me off hand, since you're already here reading this (if there's no other way around this)
Old 01-07-2009, 04:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

xitanul is a n00b
Re: frozen after loading

anyone know how to hard reset? i did a search is this is what i come up with,

To perform a hard reset
1. Pull out the stylus.
2. With the device turned on, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN and ENTER
buttons, then press the RESET button with the stylus tip.
3. Release the RESET button, but continue pressing the VOLUME DOWN and
ENTER buttons until you see a message on the screenther keys to cancel.
4. Release the VOLUME DOWN and ENTER buttons, then press the VOLUME UP
button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the
reset.

the problem is i tried it and it's not working

i have a sprint htc touch pro. when i hold down volume down and the circle ok/enter key, followed by reset it just loads up as if that's not the reset sequence
Old 01-11-2009, 02:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Maui6700dude is just getting started

Hmm, I have sorta the same problem. I've been trying to pinpoint the culprit being one the apps I've installed. Or so I think. I also can't do the hard reset with the buttons thingy. I have been strugling with this constant loop of resetting only to have it freeze immediately again and again and again. The only thing I've been able to do is as its booting really quickly turn off some today plugins like today agend and Pocket Digital Clock. I don't know if you have this but I have one other recurring thing that happens. My start menu always pauses then opens up. I hope I can clear some of these up cause its only those things that are preventing me from having a pretty stable setup.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:09 AM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yeah, try holding down the power button along with volume down and enter while hitting reset
Old 01-14-2009, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Maui6700dude is just getting started

Hehe , I have been trying to hard reset like you guys say but for the life of me Its not possible. Its weird cause my phone works kool for a couple days after a hard reset and then like always starts up with the freeze reset loop. It's drivin me crazy. I just barely got it reset just now so I'm gonna just use it and not add a single app whatsoever and see what happens. This should be interesting.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro