PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: I prefer InvisibleShield, BodyGuardz, Ghost Armor
InvisibleShield 33 62.26%
BodyGuardz 12 22.64%
Ghost Armor 8 15.09%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
InvisibleShield, BodyGuardz, Ghost Armor - Need specific information

Before you flame stating "this has been covered a million times", "there is already an open thread about this", "search is your friend, please use it next time"....Please read what I am asking for here.

I understand there is already thread open about these products, and I have read them all, done the searches and realize that it has been talked about a million times... but I am looking for specifics here and would like to keep it seperate from the other threads to keep down on the bulk.

Coz - Merge, lock this thread or anything else that you feel is necessary, but I would like some specifics here. I am hoping that this will help everyone.

Rules for posting -

1) Of the three products, would like good pictures of them all on the TP. I have heard that some cover maybe 90% of the device while others cover 98%. Would like this to compare the differences.

2) If you post pics of one of the products - rate from 1-5 ( 1 being the lowest rating 5 being the highest) on the following:

(Copy and paste if you need to)

Product Name:
Ease of applying to phone (1-5 Rating):
Durability (1-5 Rating):
Price:
Device Coverage ( % ):
Overall Rating (1-5 Rating):
Comments:

3) Only post information on InvisibleShield, BodyGuardz and Ghost Armor since I think there are the three big players here.
4) If you do not have anything that adds value to the thread, please do not don't post.

Reason I am asking for this information is becasue the other threads have too much "ABC product is the better than XYZ".

All I am really looking for here is a quick and simple "visual comparison" on the device. I am hoping that I can get this information and it be useful to everyone in making a decision on which one to get.

Thanks

Last edited by Big D5; 01-11-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: InvisibleShield, BodyGuardz, Ghost Armor - Need specific information

I'm gonna sticky this for a while. Please follow the requests above made by CD. Off topic posts will be deleted.

Thanks,
Coz
Old 01-08-2009, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

saf100792 is becoming a great contributor

Product Name: BodyGuardz
Ease of applying to phone (1-5 Rating): 4 (Gets easier after you get used to the process)
Durability (1-5 Rating): 4 (has held up after a few drops and no scratches on the device itself but there are some on the shield)
Price: $24.95
Device Coverage: 95%
Overall Rating (1-5 Rating): 4
Comments: Works great in normal use but it can get a little dirty by the edges probably from the adhesive. Can also be a little sticky to the touch but eventually wears off or i got used to it.

Last edited by saf100792; 01-10-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

themystx2 is just getting started

Invisible Shield
Ease - 5
Durability - 4 (Still scratches)
Price 11.95
Device Coverage - 4
Overall rating - 2
Comments - The material is sticky to the touch, the visibility is extremely poor and causes distortion, especially on a device with a high PPI like the Touch Pro. I do not recommend it.

Current:
Sprint HTC Touch Pro (I don't even know what ROM I have on there anymore!)
Old 01-10-2009, 08:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

subiegsr is a n00b

Body Guardz
Ease of applying to phone (1-5 Rating): 4
Durability (1-5 Rating): 4
Price:$25 (comes with two sets)
Device Coverage ( % ): 95%
Overall Rating (1-5 Rating): 4
Comments: The kit is super complete and comes with everything. The phone feels a lot better imo. My only complaint would be that the bottom edges of the back cover (the part that covers the edge of the battery case) are starting to peel off, due to me sliding the phone in and out of my pocket. The main reason, i believe this is happening is due to me not letting the protector dry long enough for the solution to evaporate (approx 8-12hrs of dry time before I slid it in my pocket). I've had the protector for a solid month now and everything feels great, touching the screen is so much better than the oem protector.

I will be putting on my second set, when I have the time (and the time to let it properly dry). I'll keep you guys posted.

Also, you get lifetime replacements with Bodyguardz if you send your used old one back (I believe you pay $5 for shipping and that's it). Hope this helps.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck

Invisibleshield

Ease: 3
Durability:5
Price 50% off brings it to 12.00
device coverage: 95%
Overall Rating: 3
Comment: the skin gives the phone horrible look, I applied it, then after looking at my phone, I was like eh eh! the touch pro suppose to look elegant, with invisibleshield makes look like a cheap phone, I ended up removing the whole thing, got the Innocase from Seidio and waiting on the bodyguardz screen protector only.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia
Carrier: verizon

monjod is a n00b

I am in charge of the our Agencies Account for the State of Wyoming we have 200+ phones. I need to advise our staff on what works well on their devices.
I tried the invisibleShield on my TP and hated it! I have it on my Apple Touch and have been a huge advocate of the Inv.Sheild. Besides making the phone look like crap it also was very sticky with a very bad orange peel texture. Sliding your thumb was useless.

Here are my results in my quest to protect our screens.

1. Belkin Screen protector 15.00 from Walmart. I had a few left over from berfore I bought Inv. Sheild for Apple Touch. Cut to fit and was fairly happy. Made screen dull and scratched easily.

2. Invisible Sheild 25.00 mail order. Bought before 50% discount. Got the 20% and speedy shipping (6 days!!). As described above very disapointed. Left it on the back of the phone. Like the sticky feeling there makes phone stay put on dash etc....

3. WriteRight Universal Screen Protectors 5 pack from Wallmart 8.00. Price is right and they have a grid on the liner that every product needs to see. Very easy application and everything looked good. Until... you use your stylus. Left a scratch each time you drug your stylus! Trashed the other 4.

4. And the winner is----- Very unexpected. The Verge Nintendo DS Lite Screen Protector. CircuitCity 7.00 Just perfect. Very Slick and Shiny The smaller one of two fits over screen pefectly. Fits centered between speaker slot and top of Verizon logo. It is thick but does not effect the touch response at all. I play with my phone for hours a day (I am thinking I may have to join a 12 step group soon) the thing does not scratch. It keeps the glossy classy look of the phone and I just can not tell you how happy I am with it. You may have to act soon. It is like CircuitCity may be going into Chapter 11 very soon.
I see that they are on sale for 3.49. I am going to go clean them out of what they have left.
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Verge...oductDetail.do

Do yourself a favor and pick one up, I think you will be very happy.

Last edited by monjod; 01-11-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nitefall is just getting started

So does invisible shield have a money back guarentee because after reading this and having bought one for my phone I'm already regreting it....
Old 01-13-2009, 03:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro
Threadstarter

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

bump... just ot keep this going... remember if you post and you can do it, please post pics of the product on the device.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Rollazn is just getting started

I just bought BSE and I wonder if anyone else is having the problem that the skins are turning the device into a yellowish color.

Please state how long you have it on, and if there are any affects at all.

You should add BestSkinsEver to your poll as well... stickying this would be a great idea!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro