PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 01:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Rezound
Carrier: Verizon

phattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help with UC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle4269 View Post
Hey bob!

You need to create the SDConfig.txt yourself. You can look at a sample one here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=366337

If you need any other help with it let me know..I got mine working perfect!

Beat me to it!

You're fast man!
Old 02-20-2009, 01:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phattooth View Post
Beat me to it!

You're fast man!
hehe its all good...we are all here to help!
Old 02-20-2009, 04:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro 2

oldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phattooth View Post
take your newly created EmailSetting.xml and drop it in SDConfig.txt using the "XML" command... I usually put it as the last thing. Let me know if you have more questions.
Ok, I guess I partially succeeded. I created an xml for mail settings. It also created an "options.xml"....Do I need that or is that just for use by OEMizer?
However, in OEMizer, I also click on the "OwnerInfo" and "Power" options, but I don't see either in the mail xml....Do I need to to each separately?
Then I went to Config Builder, copied in the xmls - and this is what it gave me when it produced the SDConfig.txt file

XML: \Storage Card\Cabs\EmailPwrOwnerSettings.xml
XML: \Storage Card\Cabs\option.xml

I was expecting to see the xml in text format (can't I just rename xxx.xml to SDconfig.txt?)

It did make a cab for the email settings (which worked when I installed it), but again did nothing for the Owner Info and Power.

I even downloaded the PS Pad, but i couldn't find the Phrase that I quoted.

Where do I go from here (and don't tell me back to school)

Bob
Old 02-20-2009, 04:55 PM
VIP Member

phattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Ok, I guess I partially succeeded. I created an xml for mail settings. It also created an "options.xml"....Do I need that or is that just for use by OEMizer?
However, in OEMizer, I also click on the "OwnerInfo" and "Power" options, but I don't see either in the mail xml....Do I need to to each separately?
Then I went to Config Builder, copied in the xmls - and this is what it gave me when it produced the SDConfig.txt file

XML: \Storage Card\Cabs\EmailPwrOwnerSettings.xml
XML: \Storage Card\Cabs\option.xml

I was expecting to see the xml in text format (can't I just rename xxx.xml to SDconfig.txt?)

It did make a cab for the email settings (which worked when I installed it), but again did nothing for the Owner Info and Power.

I even downloaded the PS Pad, but i couldn't find the Phrase that I quoted.

Where do I go from here (and don't tell me back to school)

Bob

Wow, Bob.... where to start?
ummmm..... back to school!!!
no no no.... i'm totally just kidding man!

ok.... so 1st off, I personally dont use OEMizer to set my Owner or power settings (i make cabs from reg settings for that), so i'm affraid i wont be much help on that on... and i also dont use Config Builder, so again.... not going to be much help there.

What i can tell you is, that for this example, that "option.xml" has nothing in it we want.
I just use that xml i created above to run from my SDconfig.txt.... so the xml is called out by SDConfig.txt.

I keep all my cabs that i use with UC in a folder on the SD card called "installApps", so my SDConfig might look something like this:
(in fact, this is one of my older, lighter SDConfig's)

LOCK:Enabled
CAB: \Storage Card\installApps\hTorch_v3.2.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\installApps\RescoExplorerEn_p.ARM.CAB
CAB: \Storage Card\installApps\registrymui_p.arm.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\installApps\ftpaddinmui_p.arm.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\installApps\tcmdpocketarm.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\installApps\CapSure_PPC_v1.1.11g.ARM.CAB
CAB: \Storage Card\installApps\C-ApiSRO_Setup.CAB
CAB: \Storage Card\installApps\sqlce.ppc.wce5.armv4i.CAB
CAB: \Storage Card\installApps\TrackMe.CAB
CPY1:\Storage Card\installApps\TrackMeConfig\config.dat
CPY2:\Program Files\TrackMe\config.dat
CAB: \Storage Card\installApps\S2ABlackFull.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\installApps\tsowentaskbar5v1.7.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\installApps\psShutXPDiamond.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\installApps\CameraModeMods.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\installApps\PersonalCameraSettings.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\installApps\Ident.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\installApps\OwnerInfo.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\installApps\WeatherCityList.cab
XML: \Storage Card\installApps\emailSettings.xml
LOCK: Disabled
RST: Reset

Does that help?

Last edited by phattooth; 02-20-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Almost a VIP

oldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ok, so the SDConfig.txt was correct that I posted. I just need to put the xml file in a folder someplace in the SD card.

Also, you had a number of cabs to be installed...but that goes to the MainMemory "Program Files" . How do I get them to install onto the SD Card itself?
Old 02-20-2009, 05:12 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Ok, so the SDConfig.txt was correct that I posted. I just need to put the xml file in a folder someplace in the SD card.

Also, you had a number of cabs to be installed...but that goes to the MainMemory "Program Files" . How do I get them to install onto the SD Card itself?
I beleive that is a limitation of the program since SDAutorun suppresses that prompt. So UC only installs to main memory. But quite versatile otherwise.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:13 PM
VIP Member

Quote:

Yes, just use the SDConfig.txt to call out your emailSettings.xml, you are correct!

Bob, honestly that's out of the scope of this thread....
And to be even more honest with you, i dont worry about it with SDConfig... if it needs to go on the SD card, i can install it by hand... i dont have that many.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Almost a VIP

OK, I'm good to go then....Thanks

Bob
Old 02-21-2009, 01:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2... Da Bomb!
Carrier: VZW... Can U @&^&!# Hear Me Now!

DigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to DigitalAttic Send a message via MSN to DigitalAttic Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAttic

Wow, this is why I use Sashimi/Makisu... it does all this in WAY easier steps, and it supports ALL UC/SDConfig.txt options.

Over at XDA there are many "former" UC fans that have moved over to S&M (I kinda like that acronym) so I'm not alone. It's as easy as RTFM and tutorial videos.

Other nice this about S&M is it allows you to "test" a clean ROM for a few days before you run all the customization.

I'm not knockin' UC: Sleuth put a whole heck of a lot of hard work in developing it, but S&M just takes this ball of wax to another level.

Off Soap-Box now
Old 02-21-2009, 01:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have never tried Sashimi/Makisu but maybe one of these flashes I'll give it a try and see which I like better.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro