PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380 Touch Pro 2 <-6850 <-6800 <- 6700 <- 6600...
Carrier: Sprint

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mute Ring/Ignore not working

When I first got my TP I thought the incoming call screen looked great. When you get a call you answer - ignore - mute ringer - or even send a text! However these don't seem to work right.

With my Mogul (6800) on an incoming call if you hit end it would immediately send the call to VM and clear out the incoming call screen back to what you were doing before. If you were to rotate the scroll wheel then it would mute the ring and leave the screen up so you could still answer the call- also if you did this the person would not know you were ignoring their call.

With my TP: Ignore - Mute Ringer - Pressing End all do the same thing: mute the ringer and keep the incoming call screen up. This is super annoying as when I'm doing things on my phone, often I just want to send the call to voicemail and get back to what I was doing. But I can't, even if I hit ignore I have to wait for the phone to ring and ring.

Any thoughts?
Old 01-13-2009, 06:48 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
Re: Mute Ring/Ignore not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavezero View Post
When I first got my TP I thought the incoming call screen looked great. When you get a call you answer - ignore - mute ringer - or even send a text! However these don't seem to work right.

With my Mogul (6800) on an incoming call if you hit end it would immediately send the call to VM and clear out the incoming call screen back to what you were doing before. If you were to rotate the scroll wheel then it would mute the ring and leave the screen up so you could still answer the call- also if you did this the person would not know you were ignoring their call.

With my TP: Ignore - Mute Ringer - Pressing End all do the same thing: mute the ringer and keep the incoming call screen up. This is super annoying as when I'm doing things on my phone, often I just want to send the call to voicemail and get back to what I was doing. But I can't, even if I hit ignore I have to wait for the phone to ring and ring.

Any thoughts?
Pressing End or Ignore immediately removes the incoming call screen and takes me back to what I was doing.

Mute Ringer keeps the incoming call screen up until the call is sent to VM.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:53 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

Pressing hardware "End" button should also send the call to VM and remove the Answer/Ignore screen. I use AEB plus to remap the long press of my volume up key as the End button and do it that way normally.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:56 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHawaii View Post
Pressing hardware "End" button should also send the call to VM and remove the Answer/Ignore screen. I use AEB plus to remap the long press of my volume up key as the End button and do it that way normally.
Just curious to why you do it that way and not just hitting the End key...
Old 01-13-2009, 07:08 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
Just curious to why you do it that way and not just hitting the End key...
I do it for two reasons. I use a silicone skin on my diamond so sometimes using the hardware button is a pain because it uses capacitive touch to determine where you are pressing along with the press of the button. So there were times it would not correctly press the button I guess the phone was thinkning I was either pressing Back or the move Right Key.

Also, I set it up that way because pressing the End button also Silences Text/Email notifications (but it also closes any application that you are in i.e. Opera, YouTube, etc.). So when I get one of those and want to quickly silence it like when I am interacting with a customer I can long press the up volume key to silence the alert.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:37 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavezero View Post

Any thoughts?
OP this is weird because mute obviously only mutes it, but if i press ignore it will send that caller to voicemail just as if i pressed the end key. The only thing is if i'm on a call and I press the ignore button, that person will not be sent to voicemail, it will still ring 4 or 5 times, but that has been the same since the mogul or on any other sprint phone.

Side note, 499 post at the moment, uh oh !!!
Old 01-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
OP this is weird because mute obviously only mutes it, but if i press ignore it will send that caller to voicemail just as if i pressed the end key. The only thing is if i'm on a call and I press the ignore button, that person will not be sent to voicemail, it will still ring 4 or 5 times, but that has been the same since the mogul or on any other sprint phone.

Side note, 499 post at the moment, uh oh !!!
Yeah, what you have described is how it SHOULD act... and how my mogul acted. Ignore (or end) will not send it straight to voicemail, at anytime.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre baby!

z28marols1 is keeping up the good workz28marols1 is keeping up the good work

On my TP i noticed this, however on the second press of ignore it would stop and send the call to vm with no delay...
Old 01-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28marols1 View Post
On my TP i noticed this, however on the second press of ignore it would stop and send the call to vm with no delay...
Just tried this (again to make sure) an nothing different on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th. 5th press. still rings and rings.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

I also tried and it worked like it should:

I have S2A/I, when I slide to "Ignore" or press the "End" key the call is sent straight to VM and the call screen goes away. The only time the call screens stays is when I "Mute".

I am also running a cooked rom.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 01-21-2009 at 09:27 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro