PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Anyone know why the touch pro does not charge when tethering? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53036)

rose1 01-13-2009 03:17 PM

Anyone know why the touch pro does not charge when tethering?

When I had the regular touch and tethered, it would charge as I tethered no matter how long I was tethered for. This phone does not charge. Is there a setting to make it charge?

darren.wlsn1 01-13-2009 03:22 PM

Re: Anyone know why the touch pro does not charge when tethering?

ill guess and say heat issue. only a guess though, never tethered.

rose1 01-13-2009 03:24 PM

Now that sucks man. I may have to go back to my regular touch. I have tethered for hours with it and never had this issue. It seems that HTC is making their phones worse, not better.

Tibman 01-13-2009 03:41 PM

go into settings, then system, then power and make sure that the box below the power remaining bar is unchecked.

the touch pro is amazing, I use it as a wireless hotspot for my apartment, why pay extra for internet?
Hopefully I helped you.

tenthirty2 01-13-2009 03:44 PM

HTC is doing you a favor by keeping your battery from overheating and exploding.

RockSta® 01-13-2009 03:45 PM

Im gonna make an educated guess, like the dude a few posts above, and say it gets too hot...so it refuses to charge, try opening the keyboard while doing your thing....

Mr. X 01-13-2009 04:13 PM

its 100% a heat issue.

all PPC's have a thermal diode that will stop the charging circuit if it reaches its temperature threshold. thats how they prevent it from catching fire and killing you in your sleep lol

hoddy4 01-13-2009 04:28 PM

If I start out with 100% battery, it seems like the Pro will continue to charge and therefore not draw done. If I start with something like 30% battery, the Pro will drain rather quickly. I believe that the Pros problem/feature is mostly a heat related issue, but it doesn't seem to explain the above apparent situation.

darren.wlsn1 01-13-2009 04:49 PM

wow, what a guess. also take the battery cover off, tons of heat there.

rose1 01-13-2009 06:56 PM

I understand the heat issue but why was I able to tether for hours after hours on the regular touch? That phone got a little hot while tethering too