PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Boombox for Touch Pro? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52992)

dvdmon 01-13-2009 11:26 AM

Boombox for Touch Pro?

Just wondering if anyone has rigged up a kind of boombox or portable speaker system for the TP? This is a big category of accessories for iPods and in starting to transition away from my iPod for daily use, I thought something like this might be useful. I don't personally have one of these for my iPod at the moment, but I'm thinking it would be nice to have in general especially for longer periods when having to deal with headset fatigue. I know you can play through the phone's speaker, but I wouldn't want to listen to something on that for more than a few minutes. In terms of volume alone, it would be useless unless you're doing nothing else and in a quiet room! It would be great to see dockable options that take any device with a microUSB connection, but even something with an aux in would be ok I guess. Does anyone do this?

kellenbence 01-13-2009 12:53 PM

Re: Boombox for Touch Pro?

I hook my Touch pro into the mini-BOSE boombox. Just connect with headphone into phone and other end into BOSE, sounds GREAT....

Special "K" out.. ; )

[sammich] 01-14-2009 06:03 PM

If you want power, you're probably going to need a separate power supply. There are some speakers that do have a loud output and run on batteries, and others that don't have bass and run off of the headphone jack.

Remember: the phone is outputting the same data as the computer does for the song. On the same set of speakers, the quality of a song doesn't decrease when you play it off of your phone vs your computer.

Dr.8820 01-14-2009 06:09 PM

i had my touch hooked up to my stereo using the mini-usb and some rca cables so it will work with the pro,but because of the overheating issues you can't listen(for long) and charge the phone at the same time.

avgas 01-14-2009 06:11 PM

Where can I find a mini usb to 3.5mm cable to plug it into an aux speakers system?

dan-htc-touch 01-14-2009 06:18 PM

radio shack, or anywhere that sells home entertainment systems

Dr.8820 01-14-2009 06:21 PM

+1 on radio shack or (and i hate saying this) best buy.

avgas 01-14-2009 06:26 PM

I guess it would be easier to find a cable with two 3.5mm male connectors, then just use the mini usb to 3.5mm jack that comes with the TP. It would be even easier to piece two male 3.5mm jacks together into a cable instead of getting off my *** and go to radioshack

Dr.8820 01-14-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avgas (Post 640410)
I guess it would be easier to find a cable with two 3.5mm male connectors, then just use the mini usb to 3.5mm jack that comes with the TP. It would be even easier to piece two male 3.5mm jacks together into a cable instead of getting off my *** and go to radioshack

there's an easy way to do this and as soon as i can remember(i'm taking a look at everything now),i'll post back.

p38fln 01-14-2009 07:17 PM

You could get a stereo that streams music through bluetooth - I used to stream music from my MDA through my laptop speakers.