PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 12:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Usually my right hand

TheLuMan7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TheLuMan7
Seidio Extended Battery worth it? 2000 mAh

Well, it's official, 2000 mAh, or about 50% more juice... they claim about 2-3 mm thickness added but you guys think it's worth it? It would probably let most of us fully use the phone all day without recharging but Still definitely a charge every day kinda phone.

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...BACY20HTCH2-BK
Old 12-17-2008, 12:54 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Seidio Extended Battery worth it? 2000 mAh

In my opinion it's not worth the look it will cause... Just make sure whatever extended battery you buy is for the CDMA Touch Pro and not the GSM version...
Old 12-17-2008, 12:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

It would of been nice if they had a 3200mAh for the TP which I had on my 67, now that was a battery.

2000=54.00 for TP
3200=59.00 for 67
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 12-17-2008, 12:58 AM
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

3200 would be worth it.. That would be huge though!
Old 12-17-2008, 01:05 AM
VIP Member

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
3200 would be worth it.. That would be huge though!
I know what you are saying, my 67 did show it , but I sure did like that extra battery life that the 3200 offered.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:06 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

While I certainly hoped for more, I can't say I'm terribly surprised. The battery in our phone is roughly half the physical size of the Mogul's battery. So to extend it within a relatively limited depth (make it too fat and it's beyond unreasonable) and have no ability to extend lengthwise restrains the increase pretty heavily. And I bet in order to get it this small HTC already made use of most of the size-cutting measures companies like Seidio or their suppliers use to one-up them. So that doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room.

That said, the price is about $15 less than the 3800mAh battery for the Mogul, so at least they're not charging the same price for less. A lot of that cost is merely the base components that would go into any size battery.

At this point I'm not willing to simply shrug it off. The stock battery is simply unacceptable, and while Seidio's slimline extended battery doesn't provide enough boost to be worth a purchase for me, this one will likely be about the best we can get. And despite previous complaints, I'm pretty impressed with the effort they made on the door's material, so that's a plus for me. Unless someone comes out of nowhere with a much higher-capacity option for the same physical size and similar price, I'll likely be buying this one.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:06 AM
Big MVP Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
I know what you are saying, my 67 did show it , but I sure did like that extra battery life that the 3200 offered.
Oh I bet... Probably last for 2-3 days.. The look must be bad though with such a big battery...
Old 12-17-2008, 01:15 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
Oh I bet... Probably last for 2-3 days.. The look must be bad though with such a big battery...
Believe me I felt bad taking it out, people would just laugh, they would say "is that a phone?"

Turbo...true the limits they have to work with..etc...we can only buy what they can offer and it looks like this might be it.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:17 AM
Big MVP Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
Believe me I felt bad taking it out, people would just laugh, they would say "is that a phone?"

Turbo...true the limits they have to work with..etc...we can only buy what they can offer and it looks like this might be it.
Haha... Is that your extended battery in your pocket or are you happy to see me?
Old 12-17-2008, 01:24 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

I'd rather carry two batteries, like I'm currently doing. That thing will mess up the look of the phone. Go ahead and get it, if you want to look like a real ppcgeek. Chicks will dig you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro