PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 12:28 AM
Lurker

iamedelmann is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
light sensor in call?

I looked but couldnt find anything but are there any programs to make the phone use the light sensor to shut the screen off when the phones against your ear and come back on when you pull it away. Similar to the Iphone...Thanks
Old 01-13-2009, 12:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: light sensor in call?

Have you checked out Diamond Tweak? I know there is a light sensor option in there.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

iamedelmann is a n00b

that just fades the backlight. Im hoping for something that will completely shut the screen off when up to my ear and then when pulled away to say press end the screen come back on automatically.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Beejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Does anyone know if there is anything like this? This would be awesome!
Old 01-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The only thing you can do to make the light come on during a call is to press the power button.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

My phone does this... can't remember if I changed a setting for it, though.

However, it does NOT turn on automatically when I pull it away from my ear. I have to press the power button.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (off that) ---> (on to) Touch Pro 2
Carrier: The Now Network

RockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to RockSta®

They have'nt figure this one out yet, diamond tweak dont work, Saumaun i think thats just the backlight setting when on call that makes your phone turn off not the sensor.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSta® View Post
They have'nt figure this one out yet, diamond tweak dont work, Saumaun i think thats just the backlight setting when on call that makes your phone turn off not the sensor.

No the light sensor turns the screen off during a call. I have checked this. However it will not come back on. If you push the hang up button it will bring the phone back on as well. Matter of fact any part of the d pad turns it on. At least on mine it does. The reg edit is to keep the backlight on during a call, which most people have changed.

Give some
Old 01-20-2009, 10:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (off that) ---> (on to) Touch Pro 2
Carrier: The Now Network

RockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to RockSta®

Thats the backlight settings, i havent tweaked anything to do with that, if it was the sensor it would come back on when removed from face, the backlight turns the phone off after about a minute on a call.http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...t=light+sensor
Old 01-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSta® View Post
Thats the backlight settings, i havent tweaked anything to do with that, if it was the sensor it would come back on when removed from face, the backlight turns the phone off after about a minute on a call.http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...t=light+sensor
It wouldn't have to turn back on. But I CAN SAY FOR SURE that the phone screen turns off when I put it to my ear, but does not turn back on when I remove it.

Confirmed 434325 different times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro