PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 12:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mrhankey184 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Microsoft Active Sync Question...

First off, I would like to thank anybody who takes time out of their day and assisting me with a much troublesome issue.

After a few hours of messing around on my phone at work I was able to connect the phone via USB to my work computer. My company uses Microsoft Exchange Server. It seems like I have all the correct settings on my device, because my phone syncs all of my email from my Outlook to the phone.

I double checked my corporate exchange server address, username, domain, password, and if it needed SSL or not.

My problem is that when I disconnect my phone from my USB cable and attempt to retrieve my email I get a sync error of 0x80072EFD.

I am baffled at the fact that I can only get my email when my cable is hooked up to the computer directly. In my eyes it sorta defeats the purpose.

So if anybody is able to assist me with this issue it would be greatly appreciated and I will be in your debt

Thanks,
Old 01-13-2009, 12:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP
Re: Microsoft Active Sync Question...

maybee check connections in settings, might not be set to use data or something, don't use exchange myself though
Old 01-13-2009, 12:25 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Mr Hankey, why not set up your email account as push mail,then you get all your email OTA !!!I am not understanding why you would wanna sync your TP directly to your work PC unless you explain MORE...
Old 01-13-2009, 12:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mrhankey184 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
Mr Hankey, why not set up your email account as push mail,then you get all your email OTA !!!I am not understanding why you would wanna sync your TP directly to your work PC unless you explain MORE...

what do you mean? I have a corporate exchange account at work and I am trying to get my email on my phone without it being connected directly to the PC. I do not know how to push that email and get it over the air so if you could assist me with a different way that would be fantastic.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:29 AM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

It should be str8 forward; set up your email chose outlook .
Old 01-13-2009, 01:30 AM
DaFlowMaster

follow the prompt.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:42 AM
DaFlowMaster

sorry cant edit my reply on Tp. sorry if i misunderstood u.Make sure ur account is added server side;

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro