PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

hammerl8 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
word completion not working...why?

i have tried everything from the settings in sms to the settings in adv config. and nothing seems to work to get my word completion function on my tp. any ideas? any help would be great!
Old 12-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: word completion not working...why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerl8 View Post
i have tried everything from the settings in sms to the settings in adv config. and nothing seems to work to get my word completion function on my tp. any ideas? any help would be great!
When you are about to type a message with the keyboard open, tap the keyboard on the bottom of the screen, when it pops up, select t9 instead of abc, then it will work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Unhappy Re: word completion not working...why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
When you are about to type a message with the keyboard open, tap the keyboard on the bottom of the screen, when it pops up, select t9 instead of abc, then it will work.

that didnt work. maybe i didnt explain it right the first time. on my old mogul when i would type txt msg it would give 4 words to choose from depending on what letters i was typing. some time it give whole phrases if i had used them before. but, now, my new tp doesnt do the same thing. is it the phone or operator error?
Old 12-19-2008, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i got it. yeaaaa!!!
Old 12-20-2008, 11:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff

what did you do? I'm running the classic word completion cab and mine isn't working. On my mogul too when I started an sms I could type the first few letters of a contacts name and it would give me choices to send to. not anymore.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

well actually i just did what p-slim said. it only works with t9 though. when i had my mogul it would also work using ABC which is what i liked. i wish i could get to work with ABC again. there are settings for word completion on the tp and am almost sure that there some for the mogul s well. not sure were they are. i would have to look i am work right now and wouldnt be able to look on my mogul til i get home.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

bugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuff

If the want the old style of word complete you have to disable T9 and then revert to the classic Windows keyboard. You cannot get the old style of complete with the Touch Pro keyboard (they use different dictionaries). Here's some info on it: http://www.ppcmobility.com/forums/sh...t=autocomplete
So the good news is that it works but the price (giving up the shiny new onscreen keyboard) is pretty high. If you use Happy Tappy or one of those keyboards it works the old style as well.
I think this is my biggest complaint with the Fuze - why they couldn't just skin the classic keyboard so we could get the classic style of word completion and word correction is beyond me...
Old 12-20-2008, 10:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff

I got mine to work. I opened the keyboard to the 'full qwerty' and noticed the setting at the bottom was on t9, switched it to abc then changed my keyboard to the keyboard b/c I prefer that to the full qwerty. Works like a charm!
Old 12-21-2008, 08:00 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerl8 View Post
Reg hack
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Layouts\e0010409]
"Ime File"="\windows\compime.dll"
"Layout Text"="COMP IME"
use this and then go into setting input and enable auto correction!
Old 12-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

gr2gztch is a n00b

do you have to do this everytime you send a message? it seems that the t9 setting never saves and I end up having to enable it over and over.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro