PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

datawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: iGuidance 2009 -- can only be used on memory card it is shipped on

For those of you who are trying to get iGo8 to work on the Touch Pro, you need to add the following to SYS.TXT:

[device]
sdcard_dsk_num=7

Sprint Touch Pro
MightyROM 4.16

Last edited by datawrhsdoc; 02-19-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ipaq 211
Carrier: att

frankr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmhusa View Post
Fixed now. Can be installed on any sized microsd card. Just google for the fix or ask a nice person to help you if you are a google novice.
I give up, I've searched with google but must be using the wrong key words, I own the program, but I'm not happy being restricted to the card it came on. Any clue as to the url that has the answer I would appreciate. Thanks
Old 02-21-2009, 01:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPro
Threadstarter

browning is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Fixed now. Can be installed on any sized microsd card. Just google for the fix or ask a nice person to help you if you are a google novice.
Can you point me in the right direction? I will upgrade from 4 to 2009 if I know this can be done. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

JeffT is a n00b

Quote:
Good thing, because iGuidance 2009 may be the best option after all. I tried TeleNav ("Sprint Navigation"). The live traffic feature was nice (though I didn't get a chance to see how well it worked under different conditions). I might have tolerated TeleNav despite its constant covering the map for several seconds with useless status information such as "downloading route", huge, full-screen prompts that ask you what street you are on if the GPS isn't sure (hello?? I'm driving? pick the nearest one automatically!), or the search for POI along route which doesn't work at all (I enter a name, and the search results are basically random and have none of the words in my search, even though I know that place exists multiple times within a mile or two of my route).

But at some points, it just declares (paraphrasing, not exact error message) "You have deviated from the route, now ending route session."

Excuse me? What made it decide that I wanted to exit? The whole point of using a GPS, over printed directions, is that you can deviate at your freedom and as soon as you need its help, you just start following it again. Maybe I want to take a detour and not program it in. In my case, I was in poor GPS reception because I was downtown around skyscrapers, and it kept jumping around, and I was fully attempting to follow its route!

That reminds me of when TeleNav first launched on Nextel, the pay-as-you-go billing option was pay-per-route, rather than pay-per-day. You were billed for an additional route if you deviated from the instructions merely three times.

They just don't get it.

Will be unsubscribing from this before the first month is up. Oh well, back to iGuidance. May as well buy the 2009 upgrade. No live traffic, but at least stability and no network requirement. And hopefully will get around the SD card lock.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
you are paying for the software license, and the license includes whatever stipulations they have decided on. if they decide that you must use that specific card, then you must use that specific card, otherwise you are technically breaching the license agreement, and possibly breaking the law as well.
so it wouldn't be portable like a license for Windows XP?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro