PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 02:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

GeeCee is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: iGuidance 2009 -- can only be used on memory card it is shipped on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
Hmmm... I once bought a used treo that came with TomTom preinstalled on a tomtom card. I put it on a bigger card and it worked fine. If the card is readable, I don't see why you can't copy it.
I'd imagine that it's not a run of the mill microsd card.. probably some sort of unique hardware identifier as a copy protection measure.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmccormick View Post
May I recommend Nav-N-Go iGo8. It blows iGuidance out of the water. I have only used on CarPC, not PPC, but I'm sure it is the same. The 3D Buildings are totally awesome!
Which build of iGo 8 do you have working on your TP. I have iGO 8 v8.3.2.64873 and it goes to start on the TP and I get the splash screen, starts to load and when it goes to loading the API it minimizes on the today screen and the install goes no further.
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:41 AM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeCee View Post
I'd imagine that it's not a run of the mill microsd card.. probably some sort of unique hardware identifier as a copy protection measure.
It wasn't it didn't have as many pins as a normal card but you can make an image of the card I'm sure
Old 01-13-2009, 05:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

henbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
you are paying for the software license, and the license includes whatever stipulations they have decided on. if they decide that you must use that specific card, then you must use that specific card, otherwise you are technically breaching the license agreement, and possibly breaking the law as well.
LOL some of you people get a little too worked up over what you consider warez. You talk about licensing and how you arent supposed to modify anything. Take a look around. Thats most of what this and xda forums are about. Modifying preexisting software (tf3d, windows...) as well as modifying the hardware (dying the back cover). Why would modifying purchased software be any different? Why not just leave all phones stock and not have any discussion about modifying anything? I think many of you need to relax.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:30 AM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

Quote:
you are paying for the software license, and the license includes whatever stipulations they have decided on. if they decide that you must use that specific card, then you must use that specific card, otherwise you are technically breaching the license agreement, and possibly breaking the law as well.
i wouldnt go that far or else 99% of us here are breaking the law as is- custom ROMs. Its the same concept, youre using fragmented pieces of MS code not meant for your device to be ripped like they are. i see no problem if you own the license to not use their card.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
If the card is readable, I don't see why you can't copy it.
Because each card has an unique ID number & the software can be locked to that ID # (which cannot be changed)

Garmin does the same thing with GarminXT software, it comes on a 4 gig card & if you clone it to say an 8 gig card it will not work.

I use GarminXT from my 16 gig Sandisk card, but I had to use a crack to do it even though I legally purchased the software from Amazon..........

~John
Old 01-13-2009, 06:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D;EVO4G;TP2;Treo Pro;TP;Mogul

u8myfoood is keeping up the good worku8myfoood is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to u8myfoood

Quote:
A licensing agreement is not the law, there may be copyright violations but in no way would this constitute as something illegal. If you are going to argue that, wouldn't the custom ROMS that are distributed on this site constitute as something illegal and voiding our agreement with Sprint, ATT, Verizon, or Alltel? The act of moving the content over is the same as moving content in or out of the custom ROM, don't turn this into a battle over whether this should be considered warez or not, because he is LEGALLY buying the software, not downloading it and distributing it.

I believe you can copy the contents over through a method similar to Norton Ghost, make an exact data image of the contents and using another program, copy the contents over, it should work. I'm not too sure though, you would have to try it to see, considering I see no way for them to use other formats other than NTFS, FAT16 or FAT32. So give that a try.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

u8myfood, sprinttouch, henbone are communicating exactly what i meant. i do think there at least wouldn't be a prollem helpin him out @ least via this site, like there are w/ other things such as obtaining illegal maps & whatnot.

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 01-13-2009, 06:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by u8myfoood View Post

I believe you can copy the contents over through a method similar to Norton Ghost,.
that doesn't work, I've tried it.

Ghosting an image doesn't change the unique card ID, the ONLY thing I have found that works (with Garmin anyway) is copying the contents to the new card & then cracking the program so it will match up with the ID of the new card.

This annoys me to no end by the way having to "crack" a program that I legally purchased...........

~John
Old 01-13-2009, 06:39 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i'm not saying i'm against finding a way around it, i'm just saying that forums have gotten in trouble for providing information to "get around" certain things. does anyone remember the crap that happened with howards forums when they were releasing the url links to the sprint tv channels? and all they were doing was allowing you to use another player to watch them.

i have no morals when it comes to software, i'm just saying that little things can turn into a sh*t storm for what appears like no good reason.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro