PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

teamvarsity87 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Warranty: Best Buy Vs Sprint

I recently purchased my Touch pro through best buy and they offered me two warranty plans. The first is the one through sprint which i am sure most of you are aware of and the second is through best buy. The main difference is the one through best buy cost around $9-10 a month and does not cover lost/stolen phones. It does however cover everything else and you do not have a copay. I am thinking the sprint plan is better considering it covers lost/stolen phones and there it only a $50 dollar copay and a few dollars cheaper per month but what do you guys think. Any input would be appreciated
Old 01-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work
Re: Warranty: Best Buy Vs Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamvarsity87 View Post
I recently purchased my Touch pro through best buy and they offered me two warranty plans. The first is the one through sprint which i am sure most of you are aware of and the second is through best buy. The main difference is the one through best buy cost around $9-10 a month and does not cover lost/stolen phones. It does however cover everything else and you do not have a copay. I am thinking the sprint plan is better considering it covers lost/stolen phones and there it only a $50 dollar copay and a few dollars cheaper per month but what do you guys think. Any input would be appreciated
I went with Best Buy due to the copay issue. Also - I'm only paying $7 a month. I think that was based on the $240 purchase price.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:49 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Best buy co-pay is included in your monthly...go with Sprint dude you will have better chance at getting your issue resolved since they are your carrier as well and wanna keep you as a client
Old 01-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

teamvarsity87 is a n00b

Yeah I am stuck on the copay as well. I am pretty careful with keeping an eye on my phone and not losing it. I've never had one stolen although I never had an expensive phone like this one before (always stuck to the free or almost free phones). I already signed up with best buy plan before I posted this. I was just checking to make sure I did not make a mistake in going with them.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:51 PM
N00b

infamous styles is a n00b

oh wow thats good information about the lost/stolen phones. i didnt know that. i bought mines at best buy and i was considering the best buy warranty. ive only had sprint's plan once and the only time i had to use it they sent me a Sanyo RL-2000 (the biggest and bulkiest phone they had at the time). Although it had great signal and was built like a tank, it was not pants friendly by a long shot. By the way it sounds though, it sounds like they have changed it (hopefully someone can clarify how it works now). Also if the phone is a refurb or new? Best buy was going to give a brand new phone with their plan.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:01 PM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

The 7 dollars TEP with Sprint cover In store repairs as well, say your lcd got jammed up or a broken switch, they can fix it in store at no cost to you. If you call in through insurance say lost or stolen, Refur is the first option, if they dont have a refurb they can send you a new one,if say TP is no longer carried, they will send you a phone compatible to it,most likely an upgrade....
Old 01-12-2009, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

neoshi is just getting started

Best Buy offered the warranty to me for $10.99, so I said gimme the Sprint one for now. I have a few weeks to decide to change. Want to hear more thoughts about the two before deciding for sure. Can we buy the warranty at any Best Buy or do we have to get it at the store of purchase?
Old 01-12-2009, 01:04 PM
DaFlowMaster

one important fact with Sprint Assurion , you can get 2 exchanges a year..dats it
Old 01-12-2009, 03:48 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Best Buy's insurance was the same as Sprint's when I got mine... and I wish I hadn't chosen Best Buy.

Reason: Best Buy had more TP's in stock. The keyboard on my TP failed - clearly a manufacturer defect as the phone was still pristine. I was past my 30 day initial period. I went back to get it replaced under their policy. They refused to exchange it for one in the store and because it was a manufacturer defect, the best they said they could do was send it into HTC for me.

So what was I supposed to do for weeks without a phone? They offered me a loaner phone with a $150 deposit, and they refused to pay the two $18 handset upgrade fees that Sprint was going to charge for changing to the loaner phone, then to the new TP when it came back.

So, $36 + $150 deposit, weeks without it. I would rather have paid Sprint $50 and recieved a new one right away. They wouldn't even have charged me the $50 on that one because it was a DEFECTIVE PHONE.

I was tempted to walk outside the best buy, smash the phone on the concrete, and walk back in with it and ask for an exchange.

Last edited by ShadowDrake; 01-12-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

neoshi is just getting started

Thanks for sharing that. Sprint has shafted me with my Moto Q in the same manner, though without costs other than being without a phone for a month or so. I bugged the crap out of Motorola (they probably have a mile long notes on me now) because they promised me a return of the phone without two weeks. That was of course, me without a TEP. So I feel pretty good about TEP then.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro