PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jordnbball08 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Re: Warranty: Best Buy Vs Sprint

I recently lost my phone and i am covered through sprints insurance. its been three weeks since i placed my claim and they keep telling me that this is a popular phone and there are my others waiting for the same phone. I called back today and they told me it was going to be another 7-10 business days so its goign to be over a month without my TP. Sprints insurance is not the best.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Warranty: Best Buy Vs Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamvarsity87 View Post
I recently purchased my Touch pro through best buy and they offered me two warranty plans. The first is the one through sprint which i am sure most of you are aware of and the second is through best buy. The main difference is the one through best buy cost around $9-10 a month and does not cover lost/stolen phones. It does however cover everything else and you do not have a copay. I am thinking the sprint plan is better considering it covers lost/stolen phones and there it only a $50 dollar copay and a few dollars cheaper per month but what do you guys think. Any input would be appreciated
DO NOT-I REPEAT-DO NOT GET YOUR INSURANCE FROM WORST BUY!the people will smile and tell you everything that you want to hear,but return your product and they won't know you.trust me,i got a $400 paper weight to prove it.(lg rumor that i got as replacement for the samsung 940a,the rascals made me go to the sprint store and bring a letter back to them saying that the phone was defective)
Old 01-12-2009, 04:36 PM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint

infamous styles is a n00b

After reading shadowdrakes experience (also others opinions in this thread) and checking out this thread for opinions http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...rotection+plan , ive decided to go with sprint tep. what sold me on it besides the price difference was the coverage difference. Even though i cant see myself losing my phone or having my phone stolen, stranger things have happened. I also like how some of ppc regulars talk about the importance on having on a ppc. Thanks for everyone's advice here.

Last edited by infamous styles; 01-12-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous styles View Post
After reading shadowdrakes experince (also others opinions in this thread) and checking out this thread for opinions http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...rotection+plan , ive decided to go with sprint tep. what sold me on it besides the price difference was the coverage difference. Even though i cant see myself losing my phone or having my phone stolen, stranger things have happened. I also like how some of ppc regulars talk about the importance on having on a ppc. Thanks for everyone's advice here.
very wise decision my friend.worst buy only cares about the sale but if you have problems,you're done.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

well, i've never had to use a $50 copay for anything sides lost/stolen/waterlogged phones. so i'd say sprint ins.

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 01-12-2009, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

phaze is just getting started

I wish the people who exchanged their TP at best buy 4 or 5 times would chime in this thread.

You pay a little more, but most people on here have swapped their TP at best buy more times than the number of phones I have owned in my life.

Best buy exchanges the phone with no questions asked, (most of the time) and they give you new phones, not refurbished.

I think it varies on the person. Best buy has unlimited returns while sprint has 3 returns per year. Let's say a clumsy person with Sprint Insurance loses their phone 3 times in the first six months. That's 3 co pay's ($150), and they cannot get another phone for the remaining six months so you will have to buy a new phone or something.

If you lose your phone with the best buy insurance you pretty much have to buy another phone I am assuming. Play with the numbers and you'll have a better idea of who to go with.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

Anyone who loses/ruins their phone more than 3 times a year needs therapy and a life coach, not insurance.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bombzhome is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
Best Buy's insurance was the same as Sprint's when I got mine... and I wish I hadn't chosen Best Buy.

Reason: Best Buy had more TP's in stock. The keyboard on my TP failed - clearly a manufacturer defect as the phone was still pristine. I was past my 30 day initial period. I went back to get it replaced under their policy. They refused to exchange it for one in the store and because it was a manufacturer defect, the best they said they could do was send it into HTC for me.

So what was I supposed to do for weeks without a phone? They offered me a loaner phone with a $150 deposit, and they refused to pay the two $18 handset upgrade fees that Sprint was going to charge for changing to the loaner phone, then to the new TP when it came back.

So, $36 + $150 deposit, weeks without it. I would rather have paid Sprint $50 and recieved a new one right away. They wouldn't even have charged me the $50 on that one because it was a DEFECTIVE PHONE.

I was tempted to walk outside the best buy, smash the phone on the concrete, and walk back in with it and ask for an exchange.
Whoever you were dealing with was an idiot.. if they had done the ESN change properly to put the loaner phone on the account, it wouldn't have charged you the $18 activation fee. They are supposed to change the ESN as a Service Swap and then the activation fee will NOT appear.

I'm going to tell you guys right now, the Best Buy insurance is NOT worth it compared to Sprints. It's $9.99 a month, and it covers everything except lost or stolen. The phone is NEVER exchanged for a new one - it gets sent off to the repair center for them to fix and it takes 2-4 weeks to get your phone back.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:19 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombzhome View Post
Whoever you were dealing with was an idiot.. if they had done the ESN change properly to put the loaner phone on the account, it wouldn't have charged you the $18 activation fee. They are supposed to change the ESN as a Service Swap and then the activation fee will NOT appear.

I'm going to tell you guys right now, the Best Buy insurance is NOT worth it compared to Sprints. It's $9.99 a month, and it covers everything except lost or stolen. The phone is NEVER exchanged for a new one - it gets sent off to the repair center for them to fix and it takes 2-4 weeks to get your phone back.
I'd like to see them plastic weld my phone back together, because next time they pull that crap there will be no "repairing" it.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:03 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

I say phuk Best buy, support Sprint

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro