PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(Verizon)

Despized is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dont know what to do!!!

So I just got my HTC Touch Pro from verizon, to replace my old HTC. I have no idea on what to do with it. Sorry for this but, I have tried searching on this and other roums for upgrades/hacks. but cant get things going. Would any of you please maybe give me the direct instructions on what to do and some direct links and how to would be helpfull. Sorry I have tried for many hours now. Thanks in advance!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700---I want a HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

bswezea is a n00b
Re: Dont know what to do!!!

Go here

http://sites.google.com/site/ppcgeek...-by-jakdillard
Old 02-12-2009, 10:53 PM
raybudd

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

This is a great place to start.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42584
Old 02-12-2009, 10:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Rezound
Carrier: Verizon

phattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIP

I personally like this ROM:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56777

Very helpful thread too... i think anyway.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(Verizon)
Threadstarter

Despized is a n00b

This sux ! sorry guys Im gettting nowhere!
Old 02-13-2009, 02:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Those links explain all kinds of ish, smh I can see why you have that forum name.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO-tastic!
Carrier: Campbells/Green Giant/string

pirate is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despized View Post
This sux ! sorry guys Im gettting nowhere!
Perhaps if you can't figure things out for yourself and you're getting frustrated so quickly, this isn't the right phone for you. This is just an observation and not a personal critique.

But here goes anyway...

1. Start reading this (it's sticked, can't miss it). This will give you some general guidance and some tools to get you started unlocking, flashing and tweaking your Touch Pro.

2. If you read through all that (and related links) and still can't figure out what's going on, follow these steps.
a. Post in the appropriate threads regarding your specific issues. For example, if you can't figure out how to unlock your device, read through and post in the unlocking/hard spl sticky.
b. Don't create a new thread with the general statement of "Dont know what to do!!!".
c. Try to earn not only the respect of the PPCGeeks community by being a bit more self reliant, but also gain the fuzzy feeling one gets when one completes a task with little to no help.
Be aware that most people are here with the same desire you have. To make a good device great. This may not be as technical a site as xda-developers, but it is nevertheless, a site that requires (at minimum) some technical savvy and personal initiative

So read, read, read. Then when you're done reading through all the stickies and other relevant threads, read some more. Then when you're done reading some more, read some more. Then follow that up with some more reading. While reading you may run into some reading about reading even more. My advice would be to read through the reading about reading and read whatever it says to read.

Do you see my point? To get anything you really want in life, you must spend a bit of time and effort into obtaining it. Granted this is just a phone. But you've already made the decision to buy it. Then you decided you wanted to customize it. By doing that you knowingly (or unknowingly) made a commitment to devote a certain amount of your personal time and brainpower into accomplishing the task.

If you're still reading this, great! You followed my advice about reading. But now it's time to get out of this totally lame thread you started and read on!
Old 02-13-2009, 10:14 AM
raybudd

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

O Pirate...that was excellent and started my day off with a laugh. Seriously tho..it's true. I login this site at least once a day to just read. You can learn so much here. I had my touch pro for about 2 months before I felt comfortable enough to start flashing roms. I spent that time tweaking and learning about this device. And that was after having a 6700 which I flashed almost weekly. But what Pirate says is true, read, read, read!!! If you're having a SPECIFIC issue, then feel free to ask, of course after you have done all of your reading!!!
Old 02-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Closed and moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz

p.s. Post #7 sums up everything quite nicely.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro