PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Anonymatt is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Save text message as read

Not sure if this is the right place for this question, since it might happen in all windows mobile 6.1 devices, but the way HTC handles task notifications adds an extra complication, but is there a way for a text message to be saved as read if you are reading it in a threaded message?

Basically my issue is that if I am in "threaded messaging" with someone, and receive a new message from them, the message is already open and I read it, but the notification is still there saying I have a new message (and the d-pad light keeps flashing at me). I can click the task-bar notification, which brings up the HTC picker, then actually pick the message notification, then click menu->save as read, but that is a lot of extra clicking. Alternatively, a faster method is to close out of the message, which then will mark it as read, but then I'm no longer in the thread.

Ideally I would like the message to just automatically be saved as read if I'm currently in the message, but I'd even settle for a faster/easier way to mark it as read. Any suggestions?
Old 01-11-2009, 05:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Save text message as read

Dont you hate that.....after you finish the "threaded messaging" with someone now you have like 20+ new texts that you have already seen via the threaded message in the 3d text menu and if you delete the texts you also delete the text message that is in the threaded message you just had.

That is just plain crazy.

As of right now I dont think there is a fix, maybe in the next rom update this problem will be fixed, as in if you are in a threaded message all incoming texts in the threaded message will not show up on the 3d text menu since you are already in the conversation and have been read.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro