PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

nbarlam is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
htc pro + multiple finger ecogniton?

i've had the htc pro for about a month and love it, but i do have some questions about it. i don't remember where i read this but apparently the pro can sense multiple fingers touching the screen at the same time. i was wondering if this is true and if it is, are there any applications taking atvantage of this?
Old 01-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Re: htc pro + multiple finger ecogniton?

not true... yet... apparently the WM7 operating system WILL have multi touch... its not necessarily the phone as it is the OS... and wm6.1 can't... The hardbuttons under the screen are capacitive(senses your finger) and does support multi touch tho... its just a matter of time before developers start to take advantage of it..

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 01-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

shark1987 is keeping up the good workshark1987 is keeping up the good work

the Touch Pro will never have multi-capabilities through it's screen. The hardware is not there to support it. What you have heard about is the hard button surface, there was a program created that showed that that surface can track two fingers on it at a time.

But there is no applications that use this surface as of now.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

groovdafied is becoming a great contributor

Touch Pro is only resistive touch screen, not capacitive. The only capacitive area (supposedly) is the bottom area with the home, back, end and receive buttons. However it's possible that the bottom area is just two different touch areas. Sorry
Old 01-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark1987 View Post
the Touch Pro will never have multi-capabilities through it's screen. The hardware is not there to support it. What you have heard about is the hard button surface, there was a program created that showed that that surface can track two fingers on it at a time.

But there is no applications that use this surface as of now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
Touch Pro is only resistive touch screen, not capacitive. The only capacitive area (supposedly) is the bottom area with the home, back, end and receive buttons. However it's possible that the bottom area is just two different touch areas. Sorry
it doesn't matter if it has a resistive screen or capacitive... its the actual operating system that can allow multi touch... if you are draggin something with one finger and touch another area with another, you'll see the item/object elastically go towards the other finger point (the item kindof hangs between) and thats because the OPERATING SYSTEM only registers one touch at a time ... I have read that it IS the OS and not hardware... maybe i can find where i read it from...

how so would it be the hardware?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro