PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

i700plus is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Replacement Woes

Heres the story, Since I purchased the touch pro in November of 2008 I've had a pretty good phone. The only issue I had was that running GPS or WMWifiRouter the phone would overheat pretty quick... It would stop charging and the battery would soon die.

I looked on this forum and decided to go to sprint and tell them about the overheating issues. They said okay and ordered me a replacement phone, Well i ordered it 12/20 and today 1/9/09 the replacement came in.

I go to the sprint store and they hand me the new phone, I get the phone home and notice,

##786 reports

The phone is refurbished... witch is fine, however this phone has several problems my old phone did not have.

- The chrome around my phone was perfect, This one has several large scratches and a couple dents that show black plastic underneeth.
- The D-pad is raised several mm more than my other one, was
- The phone has water spots on the keyboard.. the sticker is fine but... WTF!!
- the phone when set on a table, When you look at the two halves one is slightly higher than the other, almost like the demo ones in the store that are basically forced apart by the security device that holds them in, It also feels very loose.

My question is..

What should I Do!?!?!

Id rather have overheating issues rather than all theese cosmetic problems, I am thinking of going to the store and telling them I just want my old phone back.

Anyone else receive replacements that looked damaged?
Old 01-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS AND SPRINT

fearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Replacement Woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by i700plus View Post
Heres the story, Since I purchased the touch pro in November of 2008 I've had a pretty good phone. The only issue I had was that running GPS or WMWifiRouter the phone would overheat pretty quick... It would stop charging and the battery would soon die.

I looked on this forum and decided to go to sprint and tell them about the overheating issues. They said okay and ordered me a replacement phone, Well i ordered it 12/20 and today 1/9/09 the replacement came in.

I go to the sprint store and they hand me the new phone, I get the phone home and notice,

##786 reports

The phone is refurbished... witch is fine, however this phone has several problems my old phone did not have.

- The chrome around my phone was perfect, This one has several large scratches and a couple dents that show black plastic underneeth.
- The D-pad is raised several mm more than my other one, was
- The phone has water spots on the keyboard.. the sticker is fine but... WTF!!
- the phone when set on a table, When you look at the two halves one is slightly higher than the other, almost like the demo ones in the store that are basically forced apart by the security device that holds them in, It also feels very loose.

My question is..

What should I Do!?!?!

Id rather have overheating issues rather than all theese cosmetic problems, I am thinking of going to the store and telling them I just want my old phone back.

Anyone else receive replacements that looked damaged?

you should have gone with tep. i mean it is 50 bucks but its better they sent me a new phone which is curret built which is giving zero problems.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

The worst part it, there was probably nothing wrong with the first one. Any TP is going to heat up running WMwifirouter.........

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah, mine heats up so much I could prolly cook some george forman mini burgers (use the stylus for the spatula) on the back when using WMwifirouter, so I avoid it when I can.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

profroopchan is just getting started

When they give you replacements, do you get to keep the accessories, or do you have to return them as well? I lost my headphone connector thing, and I am trying to get a replacement, but I do not know if I would have a better chance with Asurion or in store.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by profroopchan View Post
When they give you replacements, do you get to keep the accessories, or do you have to return them as well? I lost my headphone connector thing, and I am trying to get a replacement, but I do not know if I would have a better chance with Asurion or in store.
it depends on who waits on you.when i exchanged my 1st pro,they just gave me the phone and battery with cover.when i exchanged my 2nd,they just took my old phone and cover.now i have two batteries and everthing else.but if you got a touch or mogul parts around,they work just as good.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

i700plus is just getting started

Quote:
I just went back to the sprint store, The lady there was nice and told me that the phone I was given did NOT seem like a comparable replacement. I explained that i would rather just have my old phone back but to my suprise she walked out with a new phone in the box. Ten minutes later I walked out the store with a new phone and box with all accessories. now I have 2x the accessories... I didnt expect this, i just wanted either my phone or one that didn't burn me after a ten minute phone call. I have a friend that has the same phone, they both get warm but my old one would die after a 30 minute phone call from full charge, The phone would have to sit for at least 10 minutes before it would cool back down enough to charge.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive on SERO
Carrier: Sprint!

chuchizwifey is a n00b

when i replaced mine, they gave me one off the shelf in the store, with microsd card, case, charger, everything. so now i have two of everything, along with all my accessories i had from owning 3 moguls.

that also seems like an awfully long time to get a new phone. the most i've ever had to wait for a replacement is 5 days. try going to a different sprint store and see if they will replace it. i've found some stores are MUCH better than others. the way i go through phones, it is necessary! LOL
ericsson t281 (2001-2003, voicestream) | nokia 3390 (2003-2004 t-mobile) | samsung a620 (2004-2006 sprint) | nokia 2125 (2005 metropcs) | nokia 6235i (2006-2008 metropcs) | sidekick 3 (2006-2008 t-mobile) | htc mogul (2008 sprint) | apple iphone (2008 t-mobile) | htc touch pro (2008-2009 sprint)
additional toys
motorola i860 | blackberry 7520 | treo 600 | sidekick 2 | motorola t193 | motorola v228

sprint sero 500 mins + 300 bonus, unlimited pic/txt msg & internet, nights at 7
Old 01-11-2009, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PRO& BACK UP DIAMOND!!!!
Carrier: SPRINT SPEEEED

lcbster is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to lcbster

I received a cracked replacement from sprint and when i called to order another they sent me a diamond and now they keep telling me there outta stock

Old 01-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearbasel04 View Post
you should have gone with tep. i mean it is 50 bucks but its better they sent me a new phone which is curret built which is giving zero problems.
If you pay deductible, it comes out of your yearly quota. I prefer the ESRP swaps, they are unlimited and free.

Quote:
If you do an advanced exchange over the phone or online and (like they seem to be now) they don't have refurbs, they send you a new device, but only an envelope to return in. The return instructions they give you also say only return phone+battery (well they say charger too, but I'm not trying to stuff that in the tiny envelope).

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro