PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 06:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

escavi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PAM tracking on Sprint Online Account

Ok, so I was at work waiting for the Windows 7 Beta public download to come out. I brought my laptop to download it. I normally use PDAnet and it worked before, but today it didnt for some reason. So I used the Internet Sharing program. I had already installed the Touch Pro Cleanup Cab a while back and just installed the tethering.zip cab to make sure it went through before using Int. Sharing. Well, I started downloading and had done about 1 gig worth, and I keep reloading my sprint account online "Current Usage Section" to see the Data Usage skyrocket and make sure its not charging me, but it hasnt. Its been about 3 hours since I started and still not showing 1 gigs worth of download under data usage online. My questions are...

Will it show up under data usage as if I was using data on the phone regular?

If So, how much of a lag time is there before it shows online under the usage section?

If I did the cabinstall wrong, what is the going rate per mb for PAM through sprint?

Thanks a lot

Last edited by escavi; 01-09-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:28 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Re: PAM tracking on Sprint Online Account

If you dont have unlimited data, I think you're looking at some pretty steep charges. The whole phone as a modem thing isnt something Sprint can track unless they see a spike in your usage like this.

I'd say give it a week and see if it shows up. If it doesn't show up, I have no idea what that means. They may have flagged the account.

Did you ever finish downloading windows 7? If Sprint calls you, tell them you were downloading a netflix movie to your phone or something weird like that.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

escavi is a n00b
Re: PAM tracking on Sprint Online Account

Yeah, I have unlimited data. Its just that I notice text message post to the account online current usage right away, within 30mins to and hour. Surprised I havent see the data usage section go up as quickly. I downloaded 1 gigs (About half) and stopped due to not seeing the activity register on my account. I decided to finish it later on a regular connection for that reason.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro