PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 12:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GPS Today, does program this work right

in the TouchPro??

I am going to install the full screen version so it will work with TF3D, but I figured I would check first & see if people are having any problems with it in the TP (it worked fine in all my Titan's)

~John
Old 01-09-2009, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dvdmon is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to dvdmon Send a message via AIM to dvdmon Send a message via MSN to dvdmon Send a message via Yahoo to dvdmon Send a message via Skype™ to dvdmon
Re: GPS Today, does program this work right

Yes, Full screen, unless you have a today screen hack like Second Today. Full Screen app works fine for me...
Old 01-09-2009, 01:23 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
Yes, Full screen, unless you have a today screen hack like Second Today. Full Screen app works fine for me...
I use second today for a full screen weather panel, but since GPS Today is available as a standalone app I see no reason not to use it that way......

~John
Old 01-09-2009, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Anonymatt is becoming a great contributor

I used the full screen version. It worked fine, but I questioned the battery drain on it, so I removed it. The thing that bugged me about it was that it automatically started up when you turned on the device (like a today plugin would), unless you removed it from the startup programs, so I was always turning it off immediately (I liked having the info when I wanted it, but didn't need it 24/7, especially with power drain). I didn't do any scientific tests on the battery drain of the program, so YMMV (you can tell it to not connect to the internet, and it supposedly only looks for a GPS fix when you tell it to, or on a set schedule, or on an "auto" schedule)
Old 01-09-2009, 03:00 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymatt View Post
I used the full screen version. It worked fine, but I questioned the battery drain on it, so I removed it. The thing that bugged me about it was that it automatically started up when you turned on the device
Yea, I noticed that as soon as I installed it (I'm not sure why they did that). No big deal however, I just deleted the shortcut from the startup folder.

~John
Old 01-09-2009, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via ICQ to dvdmon Send a message via AIM to dvdmon Send a message via MSN to dvdmon Send a message via Yahoo to dvdmon Send a message via Skype™ to dvdmon

Hmmm, it used to let you set the frequency that it updates itself but I don't see that with the current version. I know when I got it many months ago for my 800w, I initially set it to basically be constantly updating - maybe it was like every minute? And that drained the battery really quickly so I set it to once an hour which then didn't have any noticeable effect. Note that you can also tell it what hours to do the update, so you could set it to just a five-minute period, or you could just turn auto-fix off entirely...
Old 01-09-2009, 04:10 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Hmmm, it used to let you set the frequency that it updates itself but I don't see that with the current version. ..
That option is still there, but I can't seem to get it to work right. I set it to update every minute, but it doesn't do it.

I just left work & started the program as I was leaving work. It immediately gave me my current location & it was correct, but when I was 10 miles down the road I noticed it hadn't updated at all.

I tried for the next 8 miles to get it to update regularly, but it never worked. The ONLY way I could get it to update my current location was to go to the menu & turn off the GPS. Then restarting the GPS would correctly ID my current location.

~John
Old 01-09-2009, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

How do you change the update frequency?
Old 01-09-2009, 05:21 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
How do you change the update frequency?
On the screen that comes up first, click the icon in the bottom row/second one in from the right.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro