PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   QuickGPS Cab (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52463)

johnnysks 01-09-2009 01:51 AM

QuickGPS Cab

Hey, does anyone have a link to a cab that works? I've search, but couldn't find anything. I found a few old cabs before (HTC_QuickGPS), but that doesn't run on my TP. Thanks.

lexluthor 01-09-2009 09:05 AM

Re: QuickGPS Cab

2 Attachment(s)
This was posted by lllboredlll in the GPS thread and I would have just linked to his post there, but for some reason that thread is showing moved and is not accessible.

You need the sdkcerts.cab first if you are on a stock rom or get some sort of error message when trying to run QGPS.

For me, QGPS has brought lock times down from over 2 minutes to under 15 seconds.

Tech Addiction 01-09-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexluthor (Post 628879)
This was posted by lllboredlll in the GPS thread and I would have just linked to his post there, but for some reason that thread is showing moved and is not accessible.

You need the sdkcerts.cab first if you are on a stock rom or get some sort of error message when trying to run QGPS.

For me, QGPS has brought lock times down from over 2 minutes to under 15 seconds.

I have the Stock Sprint Rom and GPS works on VZW but it has slow lock times. Will this cab work for me? I have the other cab Sdkcerts??? already installed because of an Icon taskbar I installed.

b4u2 01-09-2009 09:48 AM

what does this cab do? I have the htc_quickgps installed but it can not download. I have every fix I can find for tethering and it still will not Work. I can connect to pc and I see the mini icon on tp screen

johnnysks 01-09-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Thanks bud. Will give it a go today.

johnnysks 01-09-2009 12:49 PM

Works like a charm after a reset. Thanks again.

learner1 01-09-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnysks (Post 629280)
Works like a charm after a reset. Thanks again.

is it fast to lock sat? I have trouble to lock inside Chicago downtown

lexluthor 01-09-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by learner1 (Post 629433)
is it fast to lock sat? I have trouble to lock inside Chicago downtown

Without QGPS, I was getting 2+ minute locks, now I'm getting less than 20 second locks.

I would definitely say QGPS is a MUST for me.

dimitri 01-09-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexluthor (Post 629560)
Without QGPS, I was getting 2+ minute locks, now I'm getting less than 20 second locks.

I would definitely say QGPS is a MUST for me.

I got the say resolutes. When using QuickGPS and then using the HTC GPS Tool and not changing any setting just open the Port and you will see locks in 5 to 10 seconds. Plus you don't have to prime the GPS anymore once you are using QuickGPS. I am able to open Google Maps and TomTom 7 and get a lock without having to use the HTC GPS Tool.

rayngm 02-13-2011 03:15 AM

Quote:

Thanks for your sharing. After the sdkcerts.cab was installed, I've tried to install the QuickGPS.cab to the SD card, but all the programs files were still forced to the main memory, and the program can't be opened. Failed also even it was installed to the main memory. Please advise if it can be run in WM5 PPC?