PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Losing signal from tower?

Anyone else have this problem? About every other day, my phone will lose signal, and it can't find the tower.. Usually, it's a couple hours before I realize it happened, and there's nothing I can do to re-establish the lock on the tower, other than a soft reset.

Is this a common thing? I've never seen it mentioned here, but I don't spend as much time here as I used to...
Old 01-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work
Re: Losing signal from tower?

Not enough information...

1) Are you in a fringe area?
2) Under your phone roaming settings is it set to Sprint Only? (Assuming you are on Sprint)
3) Does it happen just about anywhere or only when you are in one location? (Like in your house)
4) When it does happen, have you tried to turn the phone radio off under your connections tab.

Answer these questions and it might help us out.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryDevil View Post
Not enough information...

1) Are you in a fringe area?
2) Under your phone roaming settings is it set to Sprint Only? (Assuming you are on Sprint)
3) Does it happen just about anywhere or only when you are in one location? (Like in your house)
4) When it does happen, have you tried to turn the phone radio off under your connections tab.

Answer these questions and it might help us out.
Sorry, lol... should have thought to answer those questions..

1. Not specifically, no.. for example, I'm sitting on my bed right now, full signal, yet it's happened 3-4 times right here.
2. It's set to auto.
3. It happens randomly. not a specific location or condition.. For example, on sunday, it never left the charger, but lost signal from the tower.
4. Yes, I've tried turning the radio off, putting it in airplane mode (same thing), etc... the only thing that cures the problem is a soft reset.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:01 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by badutahboy View Post
Sorry, lol... should have thought to answer those questions..

1. Not specifically, no.. for example, I'm sitting on my bed right now, full signal, yet it's happened 3-4 times right here.
2. It's set to auto.
3. It happens randomly. not a specific location or condition.. For example, on sunday, it never left the charger, but lost signal from the tower.
4. Yes, I've tried turning the radio off, putting it in airplane mode (same thing), etc... the only thing that cures the problem is a soft reset.
exchange it...of try different radio i would exchange it tho
Old 01-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by havox22 View Post
exchange it...of try different radio i would exchange it tho
Yup sounds like you may have a bad radio.. exchange or at least have it looked at is going to be your best bet. Sometimes...the techs will come back and say "it is still within specs". Be persistant, but nice about it, in requesting an exchange. Explain you have other phones in the same location that do not do this. Might help in getting it exchanged.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro