PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 02:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

New Daddy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Does VZW TP become snappy enough after flashing ROM?

In contrast to the overwhelmingly positive reviews on Sprint or AT&T TP, almost all the reviews/feedbacks that I've read on the web on VZW TP are negative.
That has made me hesitate to upgrade my phone, which I'm eligible for.
Not being a computer whiz, I wasn't aware that you could flash the ROM.
So my question is, after flashing the ROM, does VZW TP become as snappy as a Sprint or AT&T TP?
I am pretty much happy with my current VX6700, although there is something to be desired.
So, I would only upgrade if TP, after ROM flashing, is a major step forward from where I am now.

Thanks.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verivon 6700, Verizon Touch Pro

MrNaPaLm32 is just getting started
Re: Does VZW TP become snappy enough after flashing ROM?

I also moved up to the TP from the 6700. A bit difference. Everytime I look at the 6700 it just looks really grainy.

As for the upgrade, I think its viable. I'm using the VZNav 3.0 from from scrossler and my phone runs absolutely fine. I didn't test out my stock ROM enough to notice any difference, but this ROM is pretty snappy.

What do the bad reviews say about the device?
Old 01-08-2009, 02:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Take a look through this thread and see some of the reviews people are leaving about this ROM. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51804

I can say that I'm happy with my TP now that GPS is unlocked(Thanks to bored) and Scotts work with his ROMs.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verivon 6700, Verizon Touch Pro

MrNaPaLm32 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle4269 View Post
Take a look through this thread and see some of the reviews people are leaving about this ROM. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51804

I can say that I'm happy with my TP now that GPS is unlocked(Thanks to bored) and Scotts work with his ROMs.
I was talking more about the phone itself than the ROM.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yes I understand that. What I'm saying is to look through the posts in his thread and see how people like the phone after flashing his ROM.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro (XV6850)

vdefender is a n00b

I too had an upgrade with verizon, and I really wanted the TP because the screen is Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! The first time I got to get my hands on the phone, it was the at&t version (fuze). Then I went to Sprint and played with their model. I was unable to find anyone with a xv6850, so I was VERY worried about it.

But I ordered it anyways (5 days ago). When I got it.. I was super dissapointed with how SLOW it was! But the screen was so beautiful.

I then read up all over this forum on how to flash, and I put on Scotts VZnav 3.0 ROM. And it is like Night and Day between the slow stock rom, and Scotts quick rom. Plus the GPS is working now thanks for ||Bored||.

I love the verizon version now. It's great but only after the flash, before the flash it was worthless, literally.

Good Luck!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro